Elinor.

LIMERENCE | XX.
ELINOR MARTELL
King's Landing | 300 a.c.

"AGAIN!" MARIAH PLEADS, HER ARMS HELD WIDE OPEN, begging for her aunt to pick her up

"AGAIN!" MARIAH PLEADS, HER ARMS HELD WIDE OPEN, begging for her aunt to pick her up. Margaery chuckles as she picks her niece up, twirling her around. Mariah giggles loudly in her arms, squeezing tightly as she clings to Margaery's neck. Elinor watches the two with a smile, very unhappy as she has to break up the moment.

"All right Mariah, that's enough," Elinor says as she takes her daughter from Margaery's arms. The young girl pouts but doesn't struggle as she cuddles into her mother's chest. Elinor glances up at Margaery, a smile on her lips.

"You seem to be in a good mood this morning," Elinor states, observing the wide grin on Margaery's face, "Why is that?"

Margaery shrugs innocently at her, "No particular reason. I just happen to be having an excellent morning."

"Right," Elinor states, "Well your grandmother is demanding your presence."

"When isn't she," Margaery states as she reaches a hand up to play in Mariah's hair. The younger girl leans back, looking up at Margaery. Elinor watches as Margaery sticks her tongue out at Mariah, causing her to giggle.

"Don't teach her bad manners," Elinor states firmly, "I'm raising the heir to Highgarden."

"Oh?" Margaery says, "Are you enacting Dornish inheritance laws in Highgarden?"

"I am," Elinor states, "At least until Willas says otherwise."

The smile on Margaery's lips slips away at the mention of her brother and Elinor quickly notices. She should feel guilty for betraying her husband, but she didn't. There wasn't a single bone in her body that regret being honest with Margaery.

"We should go find my grandmother," Margaery says, slipping her hand out of Mariah's hair. Her daughter twists in her arms and Elinor sets her down as Mariah runs off ahead of them, eager to see her great grandmother.

Elinor steps in front of Margaery, causing her to bump into her. It forces Margaery to look at her and meet her gaze, "What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking that we need to go see my grandmother."

"You're not having second thoughts, are you?" Elinor asks, her voice much softer than it had been previously.

"No," Margaery tells her, "But that doesn't change the fact that I've betrayed my brother and I feel a bit guilty."

"You shouldn't," Elinor says firmly, "Willas and I, I don't care for him in the way that I care for you."

Margaery smiles sadly at her, "And that is what makes it worse."

Elinor sighs and decides that it is best to make their way to Olenna Tyrell. When they reach her, they find the Queen of Thrones with a smile on her face as she listens to Mariah ramble on about something. She waits until Mariah is finished speaking before addressing the two of them.