Elinor

LIMERENCE | VII.
ELINOR MARTELL
Highgarden | 295 a.c.

THE FINAL DAY OF the festival comes and with it comes letters from her family

THE FINAL DAY OF the festival comes and with it comes letters from her family. She receives two separate ones, one from Obara, and one from Arianne. Surprised that Obara would even write her, she opens her sister's letter first.

Obara's handwriting is quick and sloppy, and her words are sharp and blunt, but the letter was already so much more than she had expected. Obara told of her a brief summary of how things were in Dorne, but the main body of the letter consisted of how she and Tyene walked in on Nymeria and Jeyne in a very compromising position. Elinor couldn't help but laugh as she read the letter, wishing she had been there with her sisters.

The letter from Arianne was far less comical but far more affectionate. Arianne asked how different things were in Highgarden and how handsome Willas was. She asked if the Tyrells were a nice family, she even asked if Willas was a good kisser. Elinor felt heat rush to her cheeks as she read that part. She and Willas had never kissed.

Before when Nymeria asked about Willas's capability in bed it hadn't bothered Elinor because it was a tradition for women to wait till their wedding night. However, those that were betrothed exchanged kisses all of the time. Did Willas not want to kiss her?

She made a note to herself to write Arianne back, but leave the part about kissing out of it.

She would never admit it to anyone, but it bothers her that Willas hasn't tried to kiss her. She's unsure if he's just being polite, or if Willas truly has no desire to be intimate with her. The former seems more likely that the latter, but Elinor could never overestimate someone's feelings.

The day quickly passed, and Elinor and Margaery found themselves getting ready for the final evening of the Harvest Festival. Margaery came into Elinor's room wide a wide smile and a box in hand. Elinor glanced at the box skeptically.

"What's that?"

Margaery placed the box on the bed, "It's a gift from Willas."

Elinor raised an eyebrow, as she made her way over to the bed and removed the top from the box. A gasp escapes her as she looks at the contents of the box. Elinor looks up at Margaery who nods her head and encourages Elinor to take the dress out of the box.

Elinor pulled the neatly folded dress out of the box and stared in awe. She pulled out a red dress made of Dornish silk. The dress had tins of gold in it and was the most beautiful thing Elinor had ever seen.

"Do you like it?" Margaery asked eagerly.

"I love it," Elinor said, "And you remembered, no corset."

Margaery tried to play dumb, "What? No, Willas had this made."

"Margaery," Elinor said with a grin, "This dress is far too b-beautiful to have been the work of Willas."