Elinor

LIMERENCE | XV.
ELINOR MARTELL
Dornish Water Garden | 300 a.c.

IT HAD ONLY BEEN FIVE YEARS SINCE Elinor left home, but it felt as though it had been much longer

IT HAD ONLY BEEN FIVE YEARS SINCE Elinor left home, but it felt as though it had been much longer. Since she had left, she had gotten married, given birth twice, and a war had broken out throughout Westeros.

Yet Dorne was untouched.

The Water Gardens looked as it had before with a new addition, Princess Myrcella Baratheon, the daughter of Cersei and her brother, Jaime. Elinor thought the young princess to be an exact replica of her mother, but she was quite the opposite. Myrcella was compassionate and kind, nothing like she expected a Lannister to be.

Trystane seemed fond of his betrothed, well as fond as a boy of twelve could be. He and Myrcella would play in the gardens, that was when they weren't annoying Arthur or doting over Mariah and William. Mariah especially loved the attention she was receiving from her family. It made Elinor feel guilty for not bringing her home sooner.

"Little Viper," she heard her father call out to her. Elinor tore her eyes away from the sight of Mariah with Trystane and Myrcella to look up at her father.

"I am a Little Viper no more, Papa," Elinor tells him with a laugh.

"You'll always be my Little Viper," Oberyn says as he stands on the railing beside her, "Mariah seems to love it here."

"I regret not bringing her sooner," Elinor says with a sigh, "Perhaps I've been denying her a part of herself."

Oberyn chuckles, "She's only four, Elinor. She's been denied nothing."

"Not yet," Elinor looks down at the gardens, just to see Myrcella pick up Mariah and twirl her around, her daughter giggling loudly as she clutches tighter to the princess, "They don't even know about the war."

"It's better that way," Oberyn says, "Besides the war will not touch Dorne."

"I hope not," Elinor says, looking back at her father. His brown eyes are watching her with a hint of amusement, and she blushes slightly, "What is it?"

"How are things with Willas?" he asks. The question is innocent enough, but she knows that Nymeria and Tyene had probably shared information that she had written to them in confidence about her rather strange marriage.

"Fine," Elinor answers, "They're good."

Oberyn chuckles, "Fine or good, Little Viper? The words have different meanings."

"Things are good," Elinor answers, "My husband is kind and he's excellent with the kids. Mariah adores Willas."

"I see," Oberyn says, "And does my daughter adore Willas?"

Elinor rolled her eyes at the leading question, "I do adore Willas."

"Not as much as you adore Margaery though. Am I correct?" Oberyn asks and Elinor looks away from her father, unable to handle the amused expression on his face at the moment.