Margaery

LIMERENCE | XII.
MARGAERY TYRELL
Highgarden | 299 a.c.

KING ROBERT WAS DEAD

KING ROBERT WAS DEAD. Ned Stark was a prisoner. And Margaery was unhappy.

"I don't want to marry him!" she told Elinor in a hushed voice, "He is Loras's lover, not mine! How will I ever give him an heir?"

Elinor shrugs, "I don't have the answer for that question, but isn't this what you always wanted?"

"Yes!" Margaery exclaimed, "But not like this! Not with a man that I know is in love with my brother. A man I cannot seduce because he does not want me."

Elinor squints her eyes and then smiles, "Perhaps you can seduce him. You look the most like Loras, after all."

Margaery's pacing comes to a halt as she stares down at Elinor who was laying comfortably on Margaery's bed. It was a sight that she was enjoying a little too much, but she allowed herself to indulge since she knew that seeing Elinor in the future would be scarce.

"Take that back."

Elinor smiled as she sat up on the bed, "Or what?"

"Or I'll do this," Margaery dives on top of Elinor, her finger's finding the sides of the Dornish girls as she unleashed a fury of tickles. Elinor's giggles were loud, and Margaery was happy that they were the only ones that had decided to remain in the castle for the day. Elinor struggled against her, bucking her hips, but Margaery was surprised at her own strength as she was able to keep Elinor down.

Elinor eventually gave up and Margaery finally stopped tickling her, staring down at Elinor who was trying to catch her breath. Her chest rose and fell rhythmically, and Margaery felt the desire to kiss her. She wanted Elinor breathless beneath her, but for an entirely different reason.

"You okay," Elinor asked her softly and Margaery knew that she had been staring.

"I'm okay," she responded just a soft. She moved off of Elinor, choosing to lay on her side. She tucked her hands under her chin as she faced Elinor who also moved on her side.

"Look at it this way. Renly will win the war and you will finally be queen. I know it may not be ideal, but it has been your dream since I met you."

"I know," Margaery says sighing, "But it would be like marrying a lover of your sisters'. Do you think you could do that?"

She saw Elinor cringe at the thought, "No."

Margaery smiles at her, "See my predicament? And I don't know if I'd survive, being away from Mariah and William. And you."

Margaery throws it out there, just to see what Elinor's response would be. They had been walking on thin ice before, but Margaery was leaving, and she wanted to throw all caution into the wind. If this was one of her last days with Elinor, truly with Elinor, then she wanted to tell her how she felt.