Margaery

LIMERENCE | XIV.
MARGAERY TYRELL
Bitterbridge Castle | 300 a.c.

THEY SET UP CAMP AT BITTERBRIDGE,        a castle located along the Mander

THEY SET UP CAMP AT BITTERBRIDGE, a castle located along the Mander. Renly makes no moves for King's Landing. He simply waits. Watching as men fight for the honor to be in his Rainbow guard. Margaery grows tired of the wait to be queen, so she writes to Elinor. Consistently and consistently the ravens fly to her tent and then back to Elinor's hands.

She thought the distance would quell her longing, but it doesn't. In fact, between missing Elinor and seeing her fine cursive sitting before her, Margaery has decided that distance has only made her heart fonder and part of her hates that she is unable to shake the feeling Elinor gives her.

She sits at a desk lit dully by a candle as she stares at a blank piece of parchment. What could she say? That she missed Elinor? That she was beginning to feel like she'd never sit on the Iron Throne due to Renly inability to act? She sighs as her head comes to rest in the palms of her hands.

"What are you writing?" Garlan's voice fills her ears and Margaery looks up at her older brother forcing a brave face.

"A letter," Margaery answers, she notices that Garlan is not dressed in any armor, "Are you not joining the melee for the honor to be in Renly's Rainbow Guard?"

Garlan chuckles softly, "I'll leave that for Loras."

Margaery smiles at him, but it doesn't linger. She quickly looks back at the blank parchment, and then back at Garlan, "Do you think it was smart?"

"What?" Garlan asks her.

"Siding with Renly. Stannis is older. His claim is stronger."

"And it is nothing but that, a claim. With the Stormlands and Highgarden backing him, Renly has the strongest army, stronger than that of Stannis or Robb Stark."

Robb Stark. Margaery had forgotten that the King in the North was also marching South, handling the Lannister's armies in the Riverlands. The Young Wolf she heard the men whisper, despite his age and inexperience, it seemed Robb was giving Tywin Lannister a hard time.

"Then why doesn't he march?" Margaery asks, "We've been sitting here for weeks."

"He's waiting for the Starks and Lannisters to wear their men down," Garlan tells her, "Then he'll strike."

"Wonderful," Margaery says, forcing a smile.

Garlan looks at her curiously, "Are you okay Marg? Truly?"

Margaery smiles, "Of course I am. Why would you ask?"

"You've been – different since we left home. Are you homesick?"

Margaery laughs, she honestly can't help it. She didn't miss Highgarden, she missed what was in Highgarden, who was in Highgarden. She missed Elinor, so did that make Elinor her home? If Elinor was in Dorne, would she be longing for a home that she had never seen?