Margaery.

LIMERENCE | XXIII.
MARGAERY TYRELL
King's Landing | 301 a.c.

"AS THE WEDDING DRAWS NEAR, NOBLE FAMILIES ARE BEGINNING their journeys to King's Landing

"AS THE WEDDING DRAWS NEAR, NOBLE FAMILIES ARE BEGINNING their journeys to King's Landing. Willas is amongst those," Elinor says as she places a letter before Margaery. Her eyebrows furrow as she takes it and reads over Willas's fancy penmanship. He'd missed Elinor and was eager to see her again. He wrote of his hopes to fix their marriage.

Margaery throws the letter down on her vanity, annoyed at the sight of it. She loved her brother dearly, but she knew that once he set foot in King's Landing what she had with Elinor would no longer be what it was.

"Do you share in his desire to fix your marriage?" Margaery asks as she looks in the mirror, continuing to brush her hair. She didn't look at Elinor out of fear. Fear that Elinor's face would show signs of regret.

"Do you like asking stupid questions?" Elinor retorts and Margaery pauses her action as she forces herself to look at Elinor. There was no regret, but something else, "I know I've been distant since you told me about your conversation with Cersei, but the fact remains that my love for you goes far beyond what I feel for Willas."

A small smile crossed Margaery's lips as she resumed brushing her hair, "You don't know how happy that makes me."

"Here allow me," Elinor says as she gently pries the brush out of Margaery's hand and takes over brushing her hair.

"I promise that I won't let anything happen to you or Mariah," Margaery says, "Cersei, I can handle her."

"And I believe you," Elinor says, "I just want to be careful, especially when it comes to Cersei Lannister. Victory is so close, I don't want our love to be the reason that we fail."

"We won't fail," Margaery insists, "The Lannisters will finally get what is coming to them."

"Good," Elinor states, she leans around and kisses Margaery on the cheek. Margaery can't help as she closes her eyes, savoring the feeling of Elinor's lips on her cheek. The thing about Elinor is that no matter the weather or the conditions, her lips were always soft.

"I want to run away with you," Margaery says suddenly.

Elinor laughs as she goes back to brushing Margaery's hair, "What?"

"We should do it," Margaery says, "Head to Dorne and live out the rest of our lives there. We'd be free to do whatever. Mariah could grow up in the Water Gardens surrounded by people who love and will do anything to protect her, and I can openly love you."

"As lovely as that sounds, you are to marry Robb Stark," Elinor reminds her.

Margaery rolls her eyes at Elinor bringing the reality of their situation into her fantasy. She stands and can hear the huff of annoyance Elinor lets out at the action. Her lips lift in a smile as she reaches out and takes the brush from Elinor's hand and sets it down on her vanity.