Elinor

LIMERENCE | V.
ELINOR MARTELL
Highgarden | 295 a.c.

"YOU TWO SHALL be wed immediately after the Harvest Festival

"YOU TWO SHALL be wed immediately after the Harvest Festival."

Olenna's words catch everyone by surprise, especially Margaery who had been taking a sip of her wine and begins to choke on it. Elinor rubs her hand up and down Margaery's back, trying to calm her friend.

"What does Elinor's father say about this?" Willas asks once his sister's coughing has subsided.

"He's fine with it," Olenna answers, "The sooner the alliance, the better."

The table is silent as none of the Tyrells seem to have anything to say. Renly and Loras share a glance before the youngest of the Tyrell brothers grins widely.

"Well I for one am I excited to witness my eldest brother's wedding," Loras says, "It's like the festivities of the festival never end!"

"Loras," Willas says rolling his eyes. He then glances over to his betrothed, his eyes concerned as he looks at her, "Are you okay with this?"

Elinor wants to respond that she feels that it's too soon, that she wants her family to be there, but there was no way that they'd make it from Sunspear to Highgarden in a little less than a week.

"Of course I am," Elinor says with a forced smile. She meets the gaze of Margaery whose lips are pursed together, nearly forming a frown. She looks back at her betrothed who is smiling at her, but his worried eyes flicker to Margaery as well.

Alerie Hightower's eyes rest on her youngest child, "Margaery aren't you excited for your brother's wedding?"

Elinor watches as Margaery's jaw tenses before she nods slowly, "I'm very happy for Willas, and I can't wait to have Elinor as a sister."

Elinor smiled at the words, despite feeling that they were forced. Willas reached across the table and took Elinor's hand, squeezing it gently. She met his gaze and smiled at him, but her mind lingered on Margaery. Was the other girl upset at the fact she and Willas were getting married, and if so, why?

The remainder of the dinner was uneventful as everyone discussed what they hoped for the first day of the festival. Margaery, who had seemed disappointed earlier, pulled her mask back on and no one seemed to notice, no one except for Elinor.

"Margaery!" Elinor said as she followed the youngest Tyrell down the corridor after dinner, "Margaery!"

Margaery stopped and turned to face Elinor, "What is it?" she asked, her tone not displaying any annoyance or displeasure, in fact, it seemed void of any emotion.

Elinor grew nervous as Margaery's blue eyes bored into her, "I – I'm sorry to bother you. I – it's just at dinner you seemed u – upset and I wanted to make sure you were okay."