Margaery

LIMERENCE | IV.
MARGAERY TYRELL
Highgarden | 295 a.c.

IT WAS RARE FOR Margaery to spend time with her mother. Alerie Hightower was a woman of little words and frequently kept to herself. It made sense for such a quiet woman to be married to such a loud and boisterous man. Margaery always felt that Willas took after their mother the most, since he was the one to spend the most time with her.

However, for some reason, Alerie was taking a main role in helping prep for the Harvest Festival, asking her youngest child for assistance. Margaery immediately jumped at the chance to help her mother, since they rarely spent time together. Despite loving her mother dearly, Olenna Tyrell was her role model, and the woman she aspired to be. It was Olenna who saw Margaery's potential to be a queen, not her mother.

"Will you be dressing up for the festival?" Alerie asked, lifting her gaze from the parchment that sat before her.

"I would like to, but I haven't found anything that fits well," Margaery shared with her mother. She and Elinor had tried on more dresses than Margaery could recall, but none of them were the perfect dress for the beginning of the festival.

"Have you talked to the dressmakers? If you had something specific in mind, I'm sure they'd tailor it for you," Alerie suggests.

"I know," Margaery answers, "I – I um actually had a dress made for Elinor."

After Elinor had told Margaery that she didn't want to wear a corset, Margaery requested that a dress was made to fit Elinor's wish. Surprisingly there was an abundant amount of Dornish silks in Highgarden.

Margaery watches as Alerie raises an eyebrow, surprise written all over her face, "Really? Does she like it?"

"I haven't given it to her. I was actually going to give it to Willas, so he could give it to her," Margaery shares with her mother. She watches as a small smile grows on her mother's face.

"That's kind of you," Alerie says, "I'm sure Willas will be grateful."

"I hope so," Margaery said.

She and her mother fell into a silence. That's how their relationship worked, a few words shared and then that was that. Margaery wondered if her mother found her the least interesting of all her children. Willas was smart and kind, Garlan was polite and gallant, and then there was Loras who was overconfident and audacious. Each of them no different from Margaery, yet they had a better relationship with their mother.

"Mother is there anything else I can assist you with?"

Alerie didn't even glance up from her parchment, "Not at the moment."

"I'll take my leave then," Margaery bowed politely before walking briskly out of the Great Hall. A tear fell down Margaery's cheek and she wiped it away harshly. She just wanted her mother to care for her, to pay attention to her, was that too much to ask?