Elinor

LIMERENCE | III.
ELINOR MARTELL
Highgarden | 295 a.c.

"YOU KNOW THE HARVEST FESTIVAL is coming up?" Margaery says with a wide grin

"YOU KNOW THE HARVEST FESTIVAL is coming up?" Margaery says with a wide grin. Elinor stares at her with a blank expression, unaware of what the Harvest Festival was. Margaery gasps dramatically, causing Elinor to roll her eyes, "Elinor how could you not know what the Harvest Festival is?"

Elinor lets out a laugh, "Maybe because I'm not from here."

"Everyone is the Seven Kingdoms knows about the Harvest Festival," Margaery says, but it doesn't change the fact that Elinor still has no idea what the Harvest Festival was.

"Dorne is often a forgotten kingdom," Elinor jokes.

"The Harvest Festival is a three-night celebration of a fruitful harvest. The first night is the celebration of the harvest which is simply an extravagant feast. The second night is the celebration of honor, men joust for the title of being the Knight of the Harvest. And the third and final night is the celebration of love. There's a giant ball where plenty of couples have secret rendezvous," Margaery says with a wide smile.

Elinor can't help but to dread the upcoming festival, because a ball meant overtly extravagant dresses. It also meant dancing, and there wasn't much dancing that she and Willas could do, not that she minded. She just didn't want to see the defeated look on Willas's face as he watched everyone else dance.

"Sounds great," Elinor says, forcing a smile. This immediately causes Margaery's demeanor to change.

"That's a fake smile," Margaery says with a pout, "Are you not excited? I thought you were going to show me your foresight ability?"

"I am, excited," Elinor says, trying to sound convincing, but she could see that Margaery saw right through her words.

"Is it Willas?" Margaery asks in a hushed voice. Elinor remains silent and she watches as Margaery's nose scrunches in thought. Elinor noticed that it was a habit of hers. She did it before answering a question, or as she plotted to outwit someone.

"I don't want to watch Willas get upset because he can't do something," Elinor says softly. She cares for Willas, and she hates when he gets frustrated about his knee.

"You two need to communicate more," Margaery said, "You know Willas worries about you as well."

"Me?" Elinor asked softly, then she realizes why Willas would be worried, "My stutter."

Margaery nods silently, "It's not bad, but he says you get upset about it."

"I used to stutter really bad when I was younger," Elinor explains, "I mostly grew out of it, but sometimes I can't help it."

Margaery smiles at her, "Honestly? I think it's cute."

Elinor let out a laugh of disbelief, "Cute?"