14: It's in your head

Super sorry, I didn't realise the chapter didn't actually go through. If you still can't see it, let me know and I'll try my best to fix it. 

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

The state of Gwacheon was currently unknown, something that had Namjoon on every level of concern. He'd sent a raven, letters and had even asked someone to send a telepathic message - nothing. All methods of communication were lost on the kingdom. Rightfully, it had the general stressed to no end, worrying about what might have gone wrong while they were away. Add that to the fact that both Prince Jungkook and Hoseok out of commission everything seemed to be falling apart.

Jin was by Namjoon's side as the pink-haired male paced up and down the empty halls of the palace. He had yet to tell him what was so wrong and Jin just assumed he was worried about the others. "Namjoon-ah, don't worry. The prince won't stay down for long and neither will Hoseok."

"What makes you think I'm worried about Hoseok?" Namjoon spat. Jin was slightly taken aback by this.

"I thought you two were friends?" He inquired. The general scoffed and finally stopped pacing, opting instead to lean against the wall with Jin standing in front of him.

"In the past that may have been true, however Hoseok had betrayed my trust long ago and that is something one cannot earn back so easily." With pursed lips, Jin furrowed his brow at the younger man. Just as he was about to ask for more detail, Namjoon sent him a look that seemed to summarise everything in one word:

Agust D.

That was enough for Jin to hold his hands up and change the subject. One can only mention Agust D's name so many before the need to punch something arises. "If it's not that, then why are you so stressed?"

Of course, Namjoon didn't want to worry his prince but he'd already done that by seeming so pressed. So he decided to just be blunt about things. "All communications have been lost to Gwacheon."

Not the best move. "Pardon?" Jin muttered incredulously.

"Since we've arrived I've been attempting to contact anyone in the kingdom, yet all possible ways of communication have been ineffective." The general's suddenly flat tone didn't sit well with Jin and he tugged at the younger man's shirt collar until they were at direct eye level.

"And you didn't think to inform me sooner?" He growled. Namjoon couldn't help but shutter at the sudden switch in attitude while he did his best to bow in apology.

"I did not wish to worry you, my prince." Realising his aggressive tone, Jin released the general and did his best to softened his expression.

"It's alright. I just wish I'd known sooner." Even if he did, it wasn't like he was just going to leave everyone here. After last time he didn't want any of them out of his sight again. While he thought about the best course of action, Jin felt a headache come on. He groaned and Namjoon immediately asked if he was okay. "I'm fine, just a bit of a headache."

"You should rest then, I'll escort you to your chambers and you can-" Jin held his hand up to the younger man's face as he shook his head.

"No need. Don't you remember what Huening Kai said? It's just the high magic intake." Namjoon looked at Jin sceptically as he pulled out a small pouch. He examined his companion while he took out two, almost sugarcube looking, pills. Yet before he could take them Namjoon snatched them away with wide eyes, eliciting a whine of annoyance from the older.

"Who gave these to you?" The general asked coldly.

"Jackson," Jin responded, still confused as to what the issue was. "They're pain killers, he told me they'd help calm my powers down a bit until I got used to them." Namjoon clenched his teeth, angrily clutching the pouch in his hand before finally turning back to the prince.