12: Find your way back to me

Istg this entire story is just people shitting on Yoongi and I apologise. Also: This is your psa to stream Mmmh by Kai

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Jimin saw him. He swore he saw him. He saw his prince rush right by him in the blink of an eye. "Out of my way!" A familiar voice shouted just as they pushed past him. All he saw was the figure speeding away but Jimin knew for a fact that it was him.

With the hall filled to the brim with people and the lights low, Jimin knew this was the perfect time to follow him. He glanced in the direction he thought Jungkook went and hastily went to follow after only to be harshly yanked back to where he was. The winged-man felt something tug against his throat yet when he felt around, there was nothing there. "Where do you think you're going?" Taemin whispered in Jimin's ear, making him shutter.

"T-To talk to a few people?" The demon chuckled at him. He pulled his hand back, tugging at the invisible leash that brought Jimin right into his grasp.

"Did I give you permission?" He growled.

"N-No b-but I-"

"Then you're not going anywhere." Jimin could do nothing but nod weakly as he felt his neck begin to restrict. His quick submission made the incubus smirk and stroke his head. "Good boy."

Taemin eventually turned his attention away when a large cloud of smoke suddenly materialised at the front of the hall. The lights dimmed further as a single spot light was set and not a moment later outstepped Kai. The room went silent. His cool grey eyes surveyed the crowd before a grin arose on his face and with the wave of his hand tall wine glasses appeared in front of each of the guests. "Welcome everyone," he greeted. "As I'm sure you are all aware, this has been a rather difficult and interesting time for my kingdom, Exodus." For a split second, his stone cold expression cracked and a frown formed on his face as if he were thinking back on the events of the past few weeks. Strangely, Jimin couldn't help but feel sympathy towards him because as much as he wanted to hate him for stealing Taehyung, in truth, he was realistically his to take. It didn't feel right, but Jimin still understood it. "My husband had gone missing and the empire had gone into disarray. However, I am pleased to say that our king has finally returned."

Kai raised his glass and everyone soon followed suit. "At long last, I present - V." In a flash, a face Jimin knew all too well appeared. He was ghostly pale and his eyes were soulless but Jimin could still recognise him in an instant.

"Taehyung...?"

------------------------------

After a bit of searching, everyone regrouped towards the back of the venue. Everyone except the prince of Busan. Jin looked around worriedly for the, once again, lost prince, scared that he may have gotten hurt or worse, captured. "Where's Jungkook?" No one had seen him since they'd arrived. While Jin continued to scan the room, Hoseok's eyes landed on Namjoon, who had been oddly quiet this entire time.

"Namjoon," he whispered. "Why do you look so shaken up? Does Kai know we're here?" The younger knight shook his head.

"No, but he might soon." Hoseok, rightfully concerned, pressed him to continue yet Jin was the one to grab his attention. The crowd was distracted since Kai had walked out to give a short speech. So he and Namjoon took the opportunity to sneak out and find Jungkook.

Jin gave Yoongi a very specific warning not to get killed or else he'd find a way to revive him and kill him again himself. To which Yoongi gave him a thumbs up and said he could make no promises. After all, it was as if he was practically a danger magnet. Once the Namjin duo set off, Hoseok made sure to cover Yoongi immediately and survey the crowd. He was keen to keep him alive this time around, and he knew at least sixty percent of the people in the room wanted Agust D dead.