7: The other us

"V? I don't know what you're talking about..." Taehyung mumbled as he held Jimin close to his chest to distract him from the looming gaze of the incubus.

Their close contact made him growl. "He's touching what's mine!" The incubus hissed. Kai yanked him back by his silver hair, earning him a whimper of pain from his comrade though it didn't seem to phase him.

"Let them be for a moment Taemin," He told the demon. "They've been brainwashed, the only comfort they've had is each other. Besides, Agust here will reverse it."

That caught the duo's attention. Just behind Kai and Taemin were Yoongi and Hoseok, both looking crushed. For a moment, they locked eyes. The three of them hadn't been in the same room together since they arrived and Taehyung couldn't tear his eyes away from the battered state of his Hyung. He just looked so bruised and defeated. He'd never seen Yoongi like that.

It made something stir in him.

"Who did this to him?"

---------------------

"Where are they?"

"Your majesty!" Jungkook raced down the halls of the palace, only ever stopping to slay a goon in his way. Huening Kai was running after him, desperately trying to get him to safety while the others dealt with the army outside. He could feel the quaking footsteps of the giants defending the kingdom. The impact made him trip a few times but he was still able to keep up.

"Jimin! Taehyung!" Jungkook hoped they hadn't gotten to them yet. He couldn't believe he just left them alone like that! They had to be terrified.

"Prince Jungkook!" Huening Kai called out. He glanced back at the mob of soldiers chasing after them and quickened his pace. "We need to get you out of here!"

"Not until I find them!" He had to find them. He had to make sure they were safe. Curse the architects for putting his bedroom on such a high floor.

Jungkook whipped out his wand. Though he didn't have much energy to teleport, he'd give it his best shot. The prince grabbed his assistant's hand and focussed on the location in mind while they continued to speed down the corridors.

The constant snarling of demonic soldiers kept distracting him, getting Jungkook nothing but tiring results. "Forget it! Huening Kai, get behind me!" The assistant wasted no time and stood behind the prince as he stopped dead in his tracks.

With a gust of blinding magic from his wand, Jungkook sent them all flying but he knew more were on their way. He didn't waste any more time. Jungkook grabbed Huening Kai's hand and sprinted to his bedroom.

---------------------

"I said - WHO DID THIS TO HIM?" The room shook as Taehyung's loud voice rang through it. Jimin winced at his volume, but Kai just grinned.

"TaeTae," Jimin mumbled. "Please calm down!" He tried to regain his attention, but Taehyung refused to tear his eyes away from the others. The smirk on Kai and Taemin's faces didn't make him any happier.

"No need to be so annoyed V," Taemin giggled. "We're just going to teach him a little lesson. Same for the prince as well, though I'm sure we've got him already. Oh, the things I'll do to him~" The succubus licked his lips sadistically only to edge Taehyung on.

Taehyung let out a low, throaty growl. The colour slowly began to fade from his vision, his eyes becoming a frightening shade of white. Jimin only watched in fear as Tae's breathing began heavier and skin got paler. Kai strides behind him, running his hands across Taehyung's twitching figure. "That's right love," he purred. "Come back to me."