10: Dinner in Hell

Jimin had to admit, Taemin's kingdom was beautiful. It was a strange array of reds, purples and blues that created an intense yet somber atmosphere. It was strangely comforting to Jimin, as if he had been there before. Which, to a degree, he had.

From the small bit Jimin had seen, his palace was well decorated. Dark walls and even darker floors featuring torches lit with a light blue flame. Hell was much colder, palette wise than Jimin was expecting but he found himself liking the environment.

There was, however, one thing that caught his attention almost immediately. Towards the end of the hall leading to his room, was a portrait. On said portrait was Taemin and...Jimin.

He stumbled back in shock. It just didn't look right. No, it didn't feel right. The way they held each other, the way their eyes pierced his soul. They looked so natural it was unsettling.

"It's fine," Jimin told himself. "When they come to get me, Taemin can have his Jimin, and I can go back home with Taehyung and Jung-" he stopped himself. Right, Jungkook wasn't coming back with them. Jimin started to wonder how he was feeling right now. He must be enraged. Poor Taehyung must be confused to no end. What if he got hurt? How about Jin or Yoongi? What if they catch Jungkook before they come to save them? What if they're all already gone?

"I need to stop thinking like this! They're fine. They're okay. They're-"

"Your highness?" Jimin flinched at the sudden voice and quickly whipped around. There was a young boy standing in front of him, a servant no doubt based on his attire. "What are you doing alone out here?"

"A-Ah...I was just admiring this portrait." Jimin lied. The servant nodded along and began gazing up at the painting as well.

"Should you not be getting ready for dinner?" Jimin looked down at himself then back at the boy.

"Aren't I ready now?" The boy shook his head then politely ushered him back to his room. So much for looking around.

Once in the bedroom, the servant rummaged through the gallery that was Jimin's closet while he waited patiently on his bed. He shifted somewhat uncomfortably under the weight of his wings, silently wondering how anyone could bear carrying these mammoths on their back every day. A few moments later, the servant came back with a suitable outfit for tonight.

Every inch of it was black, which matched Jimin's wings, however, that wasn't the part that caught his attention. "A-A corset?" He stuttered. "Why?"

The servant furrowed his brow in confusion. "Is this not what you prefer?"

"I...Well...I'm just surprised. That's all. Um, could you help me put it on?" The servant gave him a nod. He made sure to turn away while Jimin put on everything else then back around after. He moved his feathery limbs out of the way and began to fasten the accessory.

Jimin winced as the boy tightly pulled the corset into place. He glanced into the mirror and let out a pained breath when he saw that his waist was now nonexistent. "By the way, what's your name?" The boy looked up at him, smiling as he tied the final string.

"Yugyeom." There was a twinkle of disappointment in his eyes yet it quickly faded away when he saw that Jimin genuinely seemed as though it was his first time hearing it. "Your majesty," he said slowly. "Are you feeling alright? I don't mean to intrude, however, you seem off."

There was no point in lying, was there? "I'm scared Yugyeom," Jimin admitted truthfully. "I've just lost a few people very close to me, and I don't know where they are and if they're safe."

"Perhaps Lord Taemin can help?" Yugyeom suggested. Jimin couldn't help but scoff. Help? There was a higher chance of him killing them rather than helping. "It wouldn't have anything to do with your kidnapping, now would it?" He was surprisingly direct, something Jimin wasn't expecting. Still he nodded nonetheless.