13: Give it time

Jungkook had passed out soon after their arrival due to teleporting so far with too many people in such a weak state. Thankfully, Huening Kai and a few other servants were there to take him to his chamber to rest. Leaving everyone else to catch up.

The others were sitting in the clinic with Hoseok, who was getting bandaged after the incident in Exodus. Yoongi wasn't sitting far from him, his hand inching towards his every now and again, but pulling away just when Hoseok would notice. Jin was worriedly checking on Jimin and was understandably confused as to why he had massive wings now. "Oh Jimin, what happened?" He gently traced the red lines on the blunettes neck. Jimin flinched, not realising that any marks had been made.

"I'd rather not talk about it..." he said quietly.

"I'm going to kill those bastards." Growled Yoongi as he clutched the bed sheets under his hand. Jin scoffed at him while continuing to check for scars on Jimin's body.

"Oh look at you. Now that you've got powers and can stop time, now you decide to be useful. How very thoughtful." He grumbled. It wasn't like he'd done much in the way of fighting, the majority of their success could be attributed to Namjoon and Hoseok for that matter, but at least he wasn't the one in trouble every step of the way. Of course Yoongi knew this but decided to glare it off anyway and turn his attention back to Hoseok, who was slowly drifting in and out of consciousness.

Once Jin had finished checking Jimin one last time, the winged man glanced over at Taehyung. His roommate was staring emotionlessly out of the window, in fact he had yet to make a sound all day. If they were lucky enough he'd glance in their direction but his face was so blank you would think he didn't remember them at all. "Give him time," Jin told Jimin. "He'll snap out of it eventually, he just...needs a bit."

"But what if he never comes back...?" Jimin whispered, devastation laced his quiet voice. "What if he stays like this forever and we have to leave him behind?"

"Don't say things like that Jimin-ah!" The older man nearly shouted. Jimin flinched at his sudden shift and shrunk causing Jin to instantly reel himself in. "I'm sorry," He replied apologetically. "None of us want that, so we'll just have to stay optimistic. It's what Taehyung would want."

"Don't talk about him like he's dead," They heard Yoongi comment. He had finally left Hoseok's side for the first time since they had arrived and sauntered over to the pair. His eyes flickered towards their aloof friend before retreating back to Jimin and Jin. "The real Tae is in there somewhere, we've just got to snap him out of it. Maybe once princey gets back you and him can work your little magic and snap him out of whatever trance he's in." The blunette only nodded, his eyes trailing back to Taehyung. Both Yoongi and Jin could tell they wouldn't be able to get his mind off of him even if they tried. So they fingered it'd be best to leave him be for now.

Just as they were about to strike up a new conversation, the nurse strutted into the room. She greeted everyone with a respectful bow, minus Yoongi, whom she looked like she was holding back the urge to strike. Not completely unexpected, so the man didn't take any offence from it. "I am sorry, however I am going to have to ask you all to leave." She said politely.

"What? No!" Yoongi responded, shifting closer to Hoseok's side. The nurse sent him yet another glare, seeming less than a few seconds from spitting in his face.

"You especially," She said harshly. "I would like to check the patient and I would like to do it in peace." Yoongi was about to protest, but Jin was quick to stop him by pushing him towards the door.

"We understand," Jin told her politely as he ushered everyone out, grabbing Taehyung and pushing him out as well. "Please let us know when we're free to see him again, will you?" The nurse nodded and began her inspection just as everyone left. Once in the hall, Yoongi was already antsy to get back in. Jin had to tell him to relax and grabbed him by the arm, dragging him away from the door and off to find Namjoon. Jimin was right behind, but halted when he noticed something. Taehyung was simply standing in place, his arms hidden behind his back, as if waiting for a command.