9: Gigantic Pabo

A/N this is going to be a quick side story because I'm soft for TXT. In the grand scheme of things this chapter doesn't really matter. Other than a few nods here and there.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

It didn't take long for Huening Kai and Beomgyu to find the others. They met at a small post near the coast. Ironically, it wasn't a large town yet it happened to be a usual pit stop for giants and other big creatures. So it easily catered to them and they were able to get a few supplies for their long awaited journey.

Not that either of the younger teens were in their larger forms. It could be draining sometimes after being human for so long. So they decided to keep all growing and shrinking to a minimum. Unsurprisingly, that annoyed their hyung's since they weren't too fond of humans or their antics. When Huening Kai was worrying about it, Beomgyu told him they'd just have to "Suck it up and deal with it", and left it at that.

"It'll take a few days to get to the base." Soobin informed everyone. "Once we get there, chances are we will just have to fight our way in, grab Taehyun then go." The others nodded along, then with that being said, began their journey.

It was difficult for the shifters to keep up with Soobin and Yeonjun. Seeing as even at their slowest strides, they still had to run in order to go at the same pace.

Eventually, they had to call for a break just to catch their breath. Yeonjun sighed as he watched Beomgyu and Huening Kai lay under a small tree (it was small to him at least). "You wouldn't be so tired if you just came up here." He said matter-of-factly.

Just as expected. Beomgyu let out a groan and shook his head. "We're perfectly fine down here, thank you very much!" He shouted up at them. Soobin arched his brow and bent down to their level. Even crouched to one knee, he still towered over them. Not that they had minded, it was just extra protection from the harsh rays of the sun.

The giant examined their tired state, simply shaking his head before he scooped the two of them up and gently placed them on his shoulders. "Much appreciated Hyung." Huening Kai said thankfully.

Meanwhile Yeonjun only scoffed, his arms crossed and a pout on his face. "Soobin-ah! If you treat them like that they'll never learn!"

"Learn what? They enjoy being tiny, leave them be. We don't have time for this anyway."

"Why so agitated Hyung? Is your marriage falling apart?" Beomgyu's laughter was quickly halted when a hand yanked him into the air.

Soobin held him in a firm grip, nearly choking him as the giant glared down. "I'm not in the mood Beomgyu, and I won't hesitate to throw you back to Gwacheon where you can serve your human pest all you want."

Huening Kai let out a sigh as he rested his head on Soobin's neck. He watched as Beomgyu promised not to make any more trouble and was forced to walk.

Family road trips. What a joy.

It was silent for a good hour. Soobin was uncharacteristically agitated and no one wanted to risk angering him further. So they just stayed silent. That is until Beomgyu, now riding Yeonjun's leg said "You never answered my question Hyung."

Both giants stopped walking. Yeonjun plucked Beomgyu off his leg to hold him in the center of his palm. Soobin then sighed as he ran his hand through his dark purple hair. "I'm just worried about Taehyun..." he admitted. "You know how much they love their spells. Those two had much too much fun testing them on me. I'm not entirely sure, but I there was some sort of vex of aggression thrown in, and it's been tiring trying to fight it off."