Chapter Twenty-Seven: Lucky Girl

RECAP:

The chapter will have its own recap. Enjoy.

Thank you for reading TGGBB.

~

"Can't we just skip this chapter?" Jordan complained. "This is so boring."

I smacked the back of his head and he set his head down onto the open textbook. "Ow," he grumbled.

"This chapter is important," I scolded. "It usually appears in the test. Anyway, every chapter is important whether we think otherwise."

"Hey, how is it for your classes?" Declan asked. "For all except one class, the AP exam is my final if we take it."

"I still have a test final," Jordan grumbled.

"One of my teachers is doing a mock AP exam to prepare for the actual one," I told them. "As long as we get above a C, we automatically pass."

"All of my AP exams are counted as the final," Bennet explained. "But for one of my classes, we have an ongoing project that will be due then."

"I can't believe our senior year is almost over," I said almost wistfully. "It seems like we've been in our senior year for years."

"Don't tempt her," Jordan grumbled out.

"What?" I asked.

"What?" Jordan asked.

"Dartwell is different from my old high school," Declan explained. "Here, we have the exams and finals first, then prom, and then graduation. In my old high school, prom is first."

"Netflix's PROM was so good. Went in expecting nothing and, not going to lie, made me tear up. Hashtag- Not Sponsored." I eagerly nodded, agreeing with Jordan.

Answering Declan's question, I told him, "They probably don't want us to relax so much since I heard that the school's test scores have been steadily dropping the last couple of years."

"Aw, were you expecting a prom-posal from one of us?" Jordan teased me with a grin.

I rolled my eyes. "If I wanted to get secondhand embarrassment, I would just interact with you more."

"Ouch," Jordan grumbled while Declan snickered to himself.

"You don't want to go to prom, Naomi?" Bennett asked me.

I smiled at him. "I think prom is as overrated as it is expensive."

There was a flicker in Bennett's eyes. "I see."

Jordan smirked. "You see what Bent? Got any plans you'd like to share with us?"

"No, I don't," Bennett told him with a frown. "My old school didn't have prom and prom always seemed to be a big deal for people."

"Yeah sure, if you have a date or are guaranteed to be prom king and queen," Declan said with a snicker.

"I wanted to know. Are you going to buy the yearbook?" Bennett asked us.

Jordan raised an eyebrow and smiled. "Why Bent? You want those high school memories documented in a laminated book that is ridiculously expensive but is probably pocket change to you?"

"I just wanted to know if people actually buy them," Bennett explained. "In my old school, yearbooks weren't very important."

"Well if you guys will get it, I just might," Declan offered.