Chapter Twenty: How Reassuring

Previously on TGGBB:

Bennett had recently had dinner with his father concerning a topic that no one else seems to know. He has assured the others that all is well, but he is definitely hiding something.

Naomi ponders about Bennett and Lynn, Naomi's friend who seems to be in trouble but doesn't know what she can or should do for her. Her Friday night of thinking was cut short when Declan asked if she can help him babysit his baby sister, Delilah. It can be said that a lot has happened that night with emotions of fear, guilt, and love.

And that's what you missed on GLEE!

~

"You're in my seat," Jordan stated as he forced himself between me and Declan at the lunch table.

The movement made Declan fall onto the ground.

"What the hell?" Declan exclaimed.

"Serves you right," Jordan said. "You've become too chummy with Naomi."

Declan gritted his teeth at that when Jordan put his arm around my shoulders and stuck his tongue out. He then got up and went to sit on the other side of the table next to Bennett. He grabbed his lunch tray from where his spot used to be and ate his sandwich glaring at Jordan. I glanced at the spork in Declan's hand and prayed to myself that no matter how tempting it is that he wouldn't do it.

"Now I have her all to myself," Jordan cooed.

"You're so childish," I told him as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah you are," Declan said, getting up. "You know I can kill you right?"

"Maybe," Jordan said. "If you want Naomi to hate you as she mourns over me."

"Jordan's right though," Bennett commented as he pushed his food with his spork.

"Of course I am," Jordan said. "But you can elaborate why I'm right at this particular instance to the audience."

"Naomi, Declan," Bennett said. "You guys have been pretty close since last week."

Declan and I shared a look. Last Friday, Declan invited me to help babysit his little sister, Delilah. When I comforted him over his anxieties in the possibility that he couldn't protect Delilah, we may have almost had a moment. A moment that we were more than happy to not tell the others.

"That observation is kind of a stretch," I told him. "It's Tuesday. How can you notice that much of a difference?"

"We always hang out with each other," Bennett said. "How could we not?"

"Nothing happened," Declan assured them.

"We never implied anything happened," Bennett said slowly. "So what happened?"

Jordan, ever the helpful, made a low whistle. "Bent's on a roll."

"Nothing," Declan and I said in unison. We both looked at each other then back to our plates.

"Right..." Jordan said, clearly not buying it. "We were just giving you guys a chance to come clean before we figure it out ourselves. Seems you lost it. Right Bent?"

Bennett just gave a slight shrug.

Jordan let out a sigh. "Well onto more important matters. How is my baby Delilah?"

"She is not yours," Declan growled before switching back to normal. "And she's doing great."

"When are you going to let me hang out with her," Jordan grumbled. "You can't separate us forever! We were meant to be!" He cried dramatically.