Chapter Sixteen: I Tip My Hat to You, Kind Sir

Recap:

Jordan was released from jail by his father. However, after understanding Declan and his value of family, Jordan decided to take his father's outstretched hand as their first step to bonding again. The gang then went to go paint over Jordan's painting -a painting of a bear wearing headphones listening to the Plain White T's song, "Hey There Delilah"- for Declan's sister which was the reason he was in jail in the first place.

And that's what you missed on GLEE!

~

"You owe me an explanation," I said after I fell back onto the couch, exhausted. I looked at the white paint on my fingertips after helping Jordan paint over his artwork so he wouldn't get a fine for it.

"We owe you more than that, Naomi," Bennett told me from the kitchen, boiling some water for coffee or tea.

"Especially what Gio did to you," Declan grumbled to himself, his fists visibly tightening. He looked at me. "I want to wrap you around a blanket and never have you experience that again."

I was touched- pun not intended. But I laughed regardless.

"As much as I would love to be subject to your overprotectiveness that your poor sister will fall victim to," I began, "I do have to show my worth as... the Fourth Musketeer..."

We all became quiet.

"Looks like we're gonna spill the tea," Jordan said.

Bennett's head popped out of the kitchen. "Don't," he warned.

"They shouldn't have known that there was a Fourth Musketeer," Declan said. "No one should."

Jordan looked away. "It's all my fault. I... shouldn't have opened my big fat mouth."

"Well, who would ever be able to?" I told him. "It was really reckless of you, but you were proud, weren't you?"

He smiled. "Yeah. That my little Naomi is part of our team."

Jordan reached out to ruffle my hair but Declan moved it out of the way. "No touching, even from any of us."

"His maternal instincts come out naturally," Jordan commented like he was a narrator of some animal documentary.

Declan decided to ignore that for once. "I'll protect you this time Naomi."

"What's the worst that he can- Actually, yeah you're right."

"Hey..." Jordan complained.

"Word was bound to get out sooner or later," Bennett said, carrying a tray of mugs.

He handed me and Declan our tea while he and Jordan had their coffee.

"The Musketeers have always been a three-man group. With a Fourth, it was gonna turn some heads from the news."

"I don't want you guys to regret-"

"Don't finish that Naomi," Bennett told me.

"The tea?"

"What? No." He shook his head, smiling. "You know what I meant."

"That's why I want to do my share of this, and I can't unless you tell me more about these things and stop having to hold my hand through all of this."

"What if we don't want to stop holding your-" Jordan realized what he was saying. "Don't look at me like that. I didn't mean it that way."

"Alright, while my tea is still nice and hot, spill it."