Chapter fourteen.

Chapter fourteen--

All I could see was a red haze as I threw all of Damon's things around the room.

I don't really know how it had got to this, but after realizing Damon's hands matched the bruises and he didn't even try and deny it, I felt this surging anger consume me.

And I went full on ballistic.

I was like the crazy ex girlfriend in a Taylor swift video clip.

Screaming and all.

"Why? Damon WHY?"

I screeched flipping over a table, not having enough time to stop and be surprised that I was strong enough to even lift it.

"Wow. Calm down hulk Kaitlyn." He teased going quiet with one glare from me.

"Why did you do it?" I asked again picking up a crystal vase filled with a clear substance.

"No don't that has vervai-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence before I had thrown it at him.

But I already knew what he was going to say.

It smashed into small pieces on his bare chest, burning him an obvious effect of vervain.

He screamed out in agony, making me weirdly feel giddy.
Good.

I wanted him to hurt like I did.

His screams of pains gradually quietened down, the burns on his chest healing.

"I guess I deserved that one." He spat through his teeth.

"You deserve a whole lot worse than this buddy."

I was seething, shocked I hadn't grown two horns and a tail and dragged him to the firey pits of hell to be my slave.

All he gave me was a grunt in return, obviously too weak to respond.

Upon further examination I realized he had small bits of glass stuck in his chest, and despite my anger at him I still walked over and helped him pick them out.

Like I've said, he has a really adorable wounded face.

"Stay still idiot." I grumbled. He complied, his body going stiff.

I used some of my magic to get the pieces out, enjoying his mini jolts of pain.

"You could at least pretend not to be enjoying this."

"Please." I ignored his statement, my voice was softer now. "Just tell me why?"

He let out a deep sigh, staring at me with a concentrated expression.

"He has Elena." This one sentence made the anger come back and I was ready for round two. Of course Elena is the problem yet again.
As always.

I pushed on one of his wounds, causing him to hiss. "And I thought if you were against him he'd do anything to get you back so he'd give up her location. It was bad I know."

"Bad?" I scoffed. "It was totally stupid and completely reckless. This is why I tell you to think with your head and not with your penis."

I stepped back after pulling out the last shard, admiring my handiwork.

I was about to turn away when Damon grabbed ahold of my hands.

"Hey. Look at me." He tugged my arms so I was facing him again but I couldn't look at him knowing that he was the reason I had such a shitty day.

"I can't Damon. What you did is unforgivable, you manipulated my dreams and made me fear for my life this entire day and why? For some stupid not well thought plan which would never work. Not to mention you totally assaulted me in my sleep."

He grabbed ahold of my chin, attempting to make eye contact.

I took mental note of how different this small gesture was compared to when Kai had done it earlier today.

Kai was all soft and gentle while it felt like Damon was trying to crush my chin.

"I'm sorry Kaitlyn, I really am. If I could take it back I would, I really would."

His tone was desperate making me finally cave in and stare into his sapphire eyes.

They held so much sorrow that I almost caved.
Almost.

"I'm sorry Damon, but you can't sweet talk your way out of this one."

He launched into a whole 'sorry speech' while I distracted myself by comparing Damon and Kai.

Like how Damon had a sharp jawline, while Kai's was more soft.

Or how Damon's eyes were really light blue, almost clear while Kai's were two pools of deep blue.

The kind that had you hypnotized.

Damon's skin was blemish free while Kai had a cute little freckle just below his left ear.
Wait.

How do I know that?

I snapped myself out of my daydreaming to see Damon still going on about how sorry he was.

I dodged around him and made myself around the debris and out the front door.

I seemed to be leaving in a rush a lot today.

****

I gazed up at the tall building, slightly incredulous as to why my feet brought me here.

After running out of the boarding house I randomly just walked around, needing to clear my head and somehow ended up outside Alaric's apartment.

Why? I have no idea.

There was a little part of my brain telling me to go up, just knowing that Alaric wasn't here.

But Jo was.

At her name it seemed like my body had a mind of its own as it propelled myself up the stairs.

There was something that didn't quite sit right with all the conversations that I had with her and now was the perfect time to confront her.

I still had a lot of anger from the Damon situation, plus I generally didn't like her anyway.

I am so kicking her ass.

I knocked on the door patiently waiting for her to open the door.

"Thank god you're back, I really need more calories if I'm going to get ahold Of this whole magic thing so I can beat K-"

She froze in her place once she caught sight of me, making me smile wide.

She was scared of me.

Is this how Kai felt? So powerful.

"Oh, uh you're not Alaric." She stuttered pathetically.

"Nope guess again. Do you have a minute?"

"Well actually I have a tonne of things to do."

She attempted to close the door but I blocked it with my foot, causing her to step back in shock. I pushed my way into the tiny apartment and made my way past her.

"We need to talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Comment//

//Vote//

//Follow//