Chapter Twenty-Two

Before I update I just want to say Happy Anzac Day. Anzac Day is one of Australia's most important national occasions. It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War. It is the day on which we remember Australians who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations. It's been 100 years today but we still feel the lose.
Lest we forget.

Chapter Twenty-Two

"What the hell happened here anyway?"

It had been half an hour since my... Panic attack of sorts or what Damon likes to call; 'heaving on the ground like a dying cat.' And I still didn't know what the hell was going on.

Elena looked hesitant to answer, she still felt like I should rest and we'd talk about it later.

It was as if she thought that what ever she was going to say would cause another episode.

"Please, I need to know."

She chanced a glance to Damon, who was standing across from our sitting position.

Kai was in the other room waiting to talk to me apparently but after the weirdness that literally just happened, I don't know if I could ever face him again.

It was beyond embarrassing honestly.

She didn't answer, not moving her eyes from Damon's, so I decided to talk.

"You've set up this whole day haven't you? To stall me or something."

Elena's head snapped towards me so fast I'm surprised she didn't get whiplash.

"H-how did yo-"

"The flat tire was a little much don't you think?"

A smile replaced her confused expression, throwing her head back she let out a tinkle of laughter.

"I should've known not to put anything past you. Remember when we were at camp? And we tried to set you up with that cute boy who was good at tying knots? You saw through us like glass."

I snorted at that, its not exactly my fault that they weren't particularly good at being stealthy.

It's a gift that cannot be taught.

"Anyway, when you woke up this morning that wasn't the first time Kai had been around. He had come about an hour before you woke up, he was such a mess Kaitlyn and I'm pretty sure he was crying. He was begging to see you, sobbing that he was sorry."

She looked at me to see any reaction but I stayed completely impassive.

Damn I deserve an Oscar.

"We came up with a deal and we agreed that you didn't have to be here for that deal."

Another pause, I narrowed my eyes. Pretty certain that I knew what this 'deal' meant.

"So I came up with a list of jobs that would keep you completely preoccupied and Kai found a way to give you a flat tire when you were halfway here... You know for good measure."

"Just get to the point 'Lena, I kind of guessed all of that. Now what were you trying to keep me from?"

She hesistated again making me more agitated.

"We don't keep secrets Elena."

She mumbled something under her breath.

"I'm sorry? I can't hear you."