Chapter Eighteen.

Chapter Eighteen--

The silence was defeaning as we stood in Alaric's livingroom. I had literally stopped breathing, afraid the noise would crumble the peace that was holding me together right now.

I felt Elena grab ahold of my hand, squeezing it a bit to remind me that she was here for me.

Bull crap, if she was here for me why in the world would she show me my kinda-boyfriend-but-don't-want-to-admit-it-cause-hes-psychotic in a coma.

Words couldn't describe the feelings I felt at the moment, and the surprise that I was feeling them.

It was like an ice cold wake up when I saw his pale lifeless body laying there with all sorts of cords in him.

The feelings hit me like a wrecking ball.

All those times I tried to deny my feelings, to Caroline to Kai and to myself, all that denial just washed away.

I liked Kai.

I didn't know if I was in love with him, but I knew I felt something for him. Something real was there.

A great big weight on my chest was lifted off and it felt like I could breath again.

What. The. Hell.

"I know how you feel."

I looked over at Elena, seemingly forgetting that she was there. I suddenly felt embarrassed, did she see me gulping for air as if I was drowning two seconds ago?

"It hurts doesn't it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I've known you, your whole life Kaitlyn. Of course you know what I'm talking about."

She grabbed ahold of my chin, I tried to pull away but she was using her vamp strength.

"Kaitlyn, its okay. Its okay to be hurt."

I stared into her eyes, I could tell she was being sincere, but I felt too ashamed to admit it.

"What happened to us? We used to be so close, we told each other everything. Please tell me Kitty, don't carry all this guilt by yourself, trust me its not worth it. Just remember I'm the last person to judge when it comes to boys."

She cracked a small smile at the end and that was all it took for the waterworks to start.

It started off as a few tears and then turned into a full on dam.

She let go of my chin and put her arms around me, the feeling of being comforted was so foreign.

It was always the other way around, I was usually comforting people. I didn't like to show weakness and crying was the biggest form of that.

"Shh, let it all out."

Elena smoothed down my hair, patting my back and whispering sweet words in my ear.

This was the Elena I knew and loved.

The Elena before she was turned into a vampire.

Scratch that the Elena before she was introduced to Vampirism.

I pulled away after a few pathetic sobs, embaressed that I broke down.

"Why did you bring me here Lena?"

She had a thoughtful look on her face, contemplating what to say next.

"When he kidnapped me, he would not shut up about you. Literally, it was Kaitlyn this and Kaitlyn that. He wanted to know everything about you, he was so enamored. It was a real sight."