Chapter nine.

Chapter Nine--

If the thought of Kai liking me was crazy then him being in love with me was absolutely ludicrous.

It was so funny that I laughed.

I was on the floor, barely breathing gasping for air kind of laughing.

I wasn't the only one though, Damon was cackling in the corner hugging his bottle of Bourbon, Stefan, Caroline, Alaric and Liv were smiling trying to hide their laughter for my benefit and Tyler and Luke were just straight out laughing. Even Jeremy had a small smile.

But Jo's straight face sobered me up a bit. Why so Sirius?

"I'm not kidding." Her emotionless tone made me sit up, all traces of humor gone.

"But Kai doesn't. He just." I couldnt get it out, I was kind of uncomfortable as Jo was his sister so I just spat it out. "He's incapable of love isn't he?" All in all he was what I wanted to be.

"Kai's human. No matter how much he acts like he's invincible he's still flesh and bones. He still has a soul and you, you reached that part of him. That part everyone thought he had lost and you brought him back Kaitlyn. You did."

I avoided eye contact with everyone, why was she praising me like that? Like I had just swam the Atlantic ocean or something.

"If this is true -which it probably isn't- how, why does he 'love' me?"

"I have a theory." Of course she does.

"You were the first one to pay attention to him in over twenty years. You went against all your morals, against all your friends to be with him." How does she know all that?

"And you had sex with him."

"Why would that be significant." Of course Damon asked that, he was just filled with questions.

"Because she's his first, and you always have a sort of emotional attachment to who you give that to."

She was right, as much as I'd like to hide it. Tyler and I were each others first and we will always have that, bond that we share.

"Wait... So you're saying Kaitlyn took Kai's virginity?"

"Really Damon that's all you got from that?"

He knew from the tone of my voice that was true, and that was the last straw for him.

He fell laughing, literally fell down laughing, his precious bottle of Bourbon smashing into little pieces, some of the shards getting me. Again.

"Someone's virginity is not something to joke about Damon!" I yelled at him. He was getting on my last nerve.

He replied by laughing even harder.

I felt the anger surge in me and suddenly his Laughing turned to screaming.

I didn't realize that I was the cause for his cries. I was giving him an aneurysm.

I felt a hand on my arm and turned to see Caroline gripping it, one look at Her slightly horrified look and all the anger washed away. Caroline had always hated that witch trick.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Damon heaving on the floor, I rolled my eyes, he could be an actor.

"Ouch. Thanks Kaitlyn." His sarcastic tone made me want to pop every blood vessel in his tiny little head but I held back for Carolines sake. He is such a lucky ass.

"But seriously he acts like he has so many women under his belt."

I felt Caroline's grip loosen and I took that as her giving me permission to torture him a bit.

I felt the energy flow through my veins and I relished in having my powers back, even if it was a little. The whole time without it was like my body was numb and now it was so alive.

His cries were heard again making everyone flinch, I felt sorry for the bloke so I decided to put him out of His misery and flicked my fingers, his head following my movements and snapping his neck.

"Ah. Peace and quiet finally." Jeremy spoke up, I was surprised because he had stayed silent through this whole ideal.

"Now what are we going to do about this Kai situation?"

What were we going to do?

****

"The safest bet is for you to somehow convince Kai to tell you where Elena is."

This is what the last hour had been like, coming up with ideas on how I could miraculously convince Kai to give up Elena.
Key word: 'I'.

"We get that, but how?"

Damon asked. Yup that prick woke up about twenty minutes ago, and already I wished I had actually killed him. He could be so dumb.

"Oh I know." Caroline yelled, we all looked at her. "Get him to fall in love with you, or in this case he's already in love with yo-"

"Spit it out Barbie."

She glared at Damon before she finished what she was saying.

"Pretend to love him and then get the info and kill him! He won't even suspect a thing!"

She ended with a small clap and everyone looked at her in surprise that she had a good idea.

"Perfect! Good thinking Care!"

I didn't miss Caroline beaming at at Stefan when he said that. I really wanted to let out an 'Awe' but she would definitely kill me if I did.

"Isn't that... I don't know mean?" I could feel everyone staring at me like I was stupid.

"He's a bad person Katelyn." Damon replied, the way he said it made me want to go for round two in kicking his ass.

"So are you! How's it any different? Does that mean I get to kill you As well?" I fired back, why was I so passionate about this?

"Why are you defending him?" Damon yelled yet again. I asked myself the same question, why was I defending Kai? It couldn't be because... No I did not like him, I could not like him.

"I'm not." I started slowly. "I just think there's an easier way to handle things without bloodshed. Why don't I try to change him or something?"

This time Jo spoke up. "Kai is beyond change."

I glared at her. "You said it yourself, he's human. He feels. And if he loves me then he damn well has feelings and I'm not killing someone who can be saved." I held my hand up before anyone could protest. "I'm sorry if none of you agree with that but its my decision and I choose what I want to choose."

I got up and stomped off campus. Who were they to tell me to just kill someone who Jo admitted could be saved and then to accuse me of Defending him, they don't know what its like to have blood on your hands and I'll be damned if Kai's will be on mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please, please, please.

//Comment//

//Vote//

//Follow//