Chapter Seventeen.

Chapter seventeen--

"She's at the high school."

"What?"

"She's at the school Damon."

"Who i-"

"Elena you idiot." I cut him off, he is such a dimwit sometimes.

The other end goes quiet as I walk down the street, smiling at neighbors who greeted me.

"How do you know?"

I let out a long sigh. Instead of zooming off to save his damsel in distress, Damon decides to choose this as the time to not trust me.

As I said, idiot.

"I just do okay? Trust me."

I heard him mumble something along the lines of 'how can I trust you when you're a bipolar nutjob.'

"Hey! You're the one that molested me in my sleep. You really want to talk about nutjobs?"

The line was silent once again.

"You're lucky I'm even helping you, Damon. I was tempted not to tell you and let you spend a couple more days without your precious Elena just to annoy you but I didn't."

"Fine then, gosh I get it woman, I owe you."

I could just imagine him rolling his sapphire eyes, making a small smile creep on my face.

"Damn right you do."

"So where are we going to meet?"

"Meet for what?"

I was really confused, what was he babbling about?

"You know."

"No, I really don't."

He let out a long sigh, the phone crackling. "To form a plan."

My eyebrows furrowed at his duh tone, taking a minute to realize what he meant.

"Oh no. Uh uh, I am not going with you. Nup I'm still mad at you, plus I have somewhere to be."

"Are you serious? You're so stubborn, and not even the cute kind." I stiffled a laugh at his accusing tone. "And what Is more important than saving your best friend? Perhaps a date with a certain psychopath?"

"Maybe babysitting my other bestfriends dying mother? And I didn't realize I had a date with you Damon."
"Touché."

"Just ask Jo to help you or something."

I spat Jo's name out, as if it tasted like dirt. I still hadn't planned my revenge for her.

"She's weak though."

His whiny voice made me smile again.

"Bye Damon."

I ended the call before he could protest, smiling at his attitude.

It was going to be so hard staying mad at him.

****

"Knock, knock." I called, through the open door instead of actually knocking.

"Come in." Came the fragile voice of Liz Forbes.

I pushed the door open with my hip, balancing the baked goods and sweet coffee in my hands.