Chapter Twenty.

A/n. I would like to apologize profusely for not updating in forever! I really did have a tonne of assignments as its my last year of schooling and they be coming at me right, left and center. Also I was 'constructively' criticised recently and well it was a real blow to my ego. I knew I shouldn't really neglect this story-so much of you actually like it which is beyond me, but I've been to afraid that if I wrote a chapter I would let you all down.

Now onto important things, there is one hirk who I and everyone else owe this chapter too; miss MeghanIsabelle.

She really is a sweet girl and I cannot thank you enough for pushing me that much forward! I love you. :)

Back to the story;

Chapter twenty--

The cold air nipped at my bare arms causing shiver after shiver to rack through my body.
Crap.

It had been about two hours since Kai had turned up 'professing' his undying love.

Thirty minutes that I have been walking -barefoot might I add- through the barren streets, attempting to navigate my way towards the Salvatore boarding house.

One hour since I had finally calmed down Kai enough to have a rational conversation.

40 minutes since Kai had flipped out and caused me to run like the wind.

Another gust of wind hit me, breaking me from my thoughts.

By now my teeth were chattering and the flimsy dressing gown insulated little to no heat.

Double crap.

Only I would have no sense to grab a coat before running out of MY house like my life depended on it.

I really had to stop running from all my problems.

A faint light in the darkness shook me out of my self pity party.

This small speck was such a welcome sight after walking what felt like hours in the shadow induced dark, that I almost peed in excitement. Ignoring my blistered feet's protests, I started jogging towards the source of light praying to all things holy in the world that I had arrived at my intended destination.

As I got closer and the light become larger and brighter, I could vaguely make out the unrivalled intricate designs of the boarding house, causing a long sigh of relief to come out.

I finally made it.

Limping towards the door I felt small drops of rain fall onto my face, the beginning of a for sure storm.

Banging instead of knocking, I kept switching my weight to either foot, waiting for someone to answer the door.

Just before I was about to smash a window the door opened to see a disheveled Elena rubbing her eyes.

"Kaitlyn?"

"No time to chat can I stay here for the night?"

Before she could answer the unmistakable voice of Damon Salvatore wafted into the foyer.

"Who is it? Tell them to get lost so we can get back to being freaks in the shee- Oh hey Kaitlyn, what's up?"

His face appeared behind Elenas shoulders, his arms slithering around her waist.

I hadn't seen him much around, actually I was pretty certain the last time we had met I was on the verge of clubbing his pretty little face in.