Chapter Ten.

// Sorry for the wait! We reached 2K! //

Chapter ten--

I went home that night. My real home, in Mystic falls instead of a stupid dorm room that I shared with two vampires.

I usually tried to avoid here, I hadn't been back in forever.

Too many memories.

Too many reminders.

Of my mum, my dad and Bonnie even Grams.

All of them gone.

It was just another place to make me really feel isolated, to make me remember how alone I was in this world.

I walked up the familiar driveway, past all the dying plants and up to my front door.

I stood there for a bit, just gaining the courage to turn the handle and face everything.

I bent down and got the spare key under the mat, I had lost mine.

I know cliché hiding spot, but this was Mystic Falls. There's barely any crime let alone break ins.
'Well before Vampires inhabited here and our town was overrun by the supernatural.'

I slipt the key into the lock turning it before opening the door.

I stepped over the threshold breathing in the familiar scent of home before closing the door behind me.

I began my journey down the hallway tracing the wall as I go. There were Pictures of Bonnie and I, with our dad and with our mom, Grams and ones of all our friends before everything happened.

I sensed someone in the house so I muttered the incantation that would show me if anyone was present.

It told me someone was in the living room so I grabbed the baseball bat from the coat rack and investigated.

I was surprised to see Kai standing there with... Flowers? And a box that was wrapped. He got me a gift? Was Jo right? Was I something to Kai?

He looked amused at my choice of weapon. I dont know why, A bat could be very lethal. Just ask Kol Mikaelson and Damon Salvatore.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, I couldn't help but remember what Jo said. 'He's in love with you.'

"Uhm I just, I wanted to see you and you left your key at my place. I couldn't find you so decided I'd sit here and wait and yeah." He scratched the back of his neck. Well that explains my key then.

I took a closer look at his face, dare I say that Malachai Parker was flustered?

"Oh well that's nice." I smiled at him. 'Don't encourage him Katelyn. Just make an excuse and begone.'

He handed me the flowers, peonies. My favorite. How did he know?

"I also brought Thai." I looked over and saw all this Thai food on the table. That was also my favorite.

I gave him a questioning look to which he replied. "A little birdy told me."

The only thing I could think of was him torturing Elena for details.

I must have winced because Kai spoke up again.

"I didn't torture her if that's what you're thinking in that pretty little head of yours."

I swear I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

"She willingly gave it up. Must notice we have killer chemistry."