Chapter 6

We were all petrified as to what was happening. "How did she end up there?" I asked myself. But, there was no time for questions. Since I'm afraid of heights, I couldn't go up there and save the poor thing so Stacy volunteered and went on a ladder. My fear of heights hasn't really gone down.

Even if I have gone on a roller coaster or pirate ship rides, I still haven't really gotten out of the fear. Even when I go to a mall. Stacy went up the ladder and lured the kitten with snacks. She tried to be as gentle as possible with it. She was able to safely get down and I could tell that the kitten was scared but we all calmed her down.

Susan was able to breathe now that everything was alright. Susan and Stacy both asked me if I was alright. I told them I wasn't feeling too well and were almost about to kill me when I told them I didn't have a proper breakfast. They quickly dragged me out and took me to a café nearby.

Susan: "Bella you have to take care of yourself you know? What if something worse happened? Do you plan on fainting? I'm sorry we didn't ask you sooner."

Bella: "I'm fine, really. Normally, this sort of thing can happen. You know what I was like when I was younger. I was in a rush this morning so I couldn't eat properly."

Stacy: "Yeah Bell, we know, but we still care and are worried about you so now you eat something. Don't torture yourself like that."

Bella: "Alright guys, now don't worry. I'll make sure to eat properly from now on. Thank you."

Susan: "You don't have to thank us, Bell. We are friends and that's what we do."

Stacy: "She's absolutely right. Come to think of it, isn't it gonna be our anniversary soon?"

Susan: "Wow already?! How long has it been?? 10 years?"

Bella: "Indeed it has. Do you remember how we all met? I still remember that day."

Stacy: "Yeah I still remember everything. We grew up so fast. Time surely does fly."

All of us met in kinder garden. I was a new kid in school at the time so I was very shy and introverted. Even in class, I was like that. I didn't say a word to anyone only if I was asked. Of course, like all kids, I didn't want to go and thought going to school was my punishment for not behaving well enough at home. I started crying like anything on my first day.

Even though I was told over and over again that I would have a good time there and would make friends, I still wasn't ready one bit. I wanted to stay at home with my parents without any change. Play with them all day and nothing more

 My teacher was Ms Caroline. She was very sweet and welcoming towards me. I still remember her honey melodic voice. She tried to cheer me up and tell me all about the amazing things in school and how much of a blast of fun it would be for me. You see, she never threatened the kids or scolded us. She was very patient with us.

She wasn't like an average type of teacher. And a lot of people should learn from her. She was such a good role model. If I ever meet her today I would want to give her a huge hug and say thank you for making my time so memorable and precious. Sadly, I don't have contact with her so I'm not sure where she is today but wherever she is, I hope that she is happy.

Because I was closer with my family, I wasn't too familiar with the whole situation of how to approach people. So during recess, I was sitting on my own on the bench and then Stacy and Susan came up to me saying "You're the new girl right?" I quietly said "Yes". Susan was asking me why I was on my own sitting alone. It was upsetting for her to see that. I probably looked lonely being the only child sitting alone like that. They asked if I wanted company and I just nodded my head.

At first I was just listening to what they were saying, and then I slowly started opening up to them. I had a lovely conversation with them. And that's how we became great friends. Just that small meeting was enough for us. They were my very first friends whom till today I cherish

 Even if we argue or disagree on something, we would still figure it out. We all stayed together till the end. Of course in middle school and high school I have made friends but I wasn't ever this close to them. Some of the friendships didn't turn out so well cause that's how life is. You meet all sorts of people in your life. Some stay with a pure intention of being friends some will just use you or control you like puppets.

Not everyone will stay in your life. That's something we need to keep in our minds. Some friendships won't last for too long and we have to keep going and move on even though it's extremely difficult. That's something someone has taught me.

I don't have many good memories in my mind. Majority of them are full of anxiety, fear or anything really sad. These are one of the few memories I remember. I want to relive those days where you really didn't have many worries about kid. It was more peaceful. Kids didn't have to worry about their appearance or what problems there were.

They are just carefree and are full of joy. Walking down the memory lane and thinking of all those moments where you feel and remember your emotions. After we were done talking and eating, we left the café thinking about the good old times we had and went straight home.