Chapter 9

It seemed as if time had stopped for me. I know we were going out far but it looked like I had been travelling for almost hours. I couldn't stop thinking about what would I find. And even if I did, what would I do and would that lead me anywhere?

I couldn't thank Stacy and Susan enough that they were with me throughout the whole journey. Looking out the window I remembered that the accident happened during night time and this the first time I'd be going. I hadn't ever been there before. I didn't have any reason to go because his grave wasn't over there.

I knew if we were to go at the crash site then we wouldn't get any good memories. Even as we drove to the site I was thinking about the consequences of what could happen. Could I possibly get panic attacks if I go there? But I needed to know what would be there, waiting for me to find out.

We finally reached our destination and as I took a step on the ground, those pictures that the police showed us at the time came flashing in my mind. It reminded me of the knife as well. What other clues will I find here? I would know for sure that day.

If there was a knife, then it meant someone tried to stab him in the abdomen. That's the only reasonable explanation I could think of. Because the kidnapper made sure to plan everything. The fact that the accident took place was not something unnatural. It means they did it on purpose.

No stone would be left unturned today. It had been almost an hour since we started digging for clues but didn't find anything.

Susan: "Did you find any clue perhaps or anything?"

Stacy: "I don't think so. *sigh* I'm sorry, Bella."

Bella: "No, it's alright guys. I guess I was expecting too much. We're talking about 10 years ago, not yesterday so it will be difficult to find something."

Susan: "Let's not give up hope yet, shall we?"

Stacy: "She's right, you know. Let's look around a bit more."

Bella: "Alright guys."

I decided to look at bit out of the area. Not too far from the site. Even though all of it seemed pointless, that's where I was wrong. Something big caught my eye in the bushes. I couldn't tell what it was from afar. As I came closer, it was a stone and it had some blood on it.

Only one thing came to my mind. It must have been father's because there was no other explanation. Both of my uncles didn't have any major injuries from the car crash, but for father, I can tell it must have been pretty bad.

First, it was the knife and now this rock. I wonder why my father was abducted. I looked all around to see if I could find anything else. My last thought was that they murdered him and kept him here. That was a thought I just couldn't shake off. But then it hit me. What if they left his dead body here? There would have been a horrible odour like the rock because of all the blood.

I didn't find anything valuable other than that. I immediately told Stacy and Susan and let out whatever was on my mind. They wanted to deny the fact and see the positive side of it but I knew that wasn't possible. Taking this to the police wouldn't do anything either because the rock wouldn't have any fingerprints whatsoever.

We all had gloves on so luckily my finger print wasn't smudged on the rock. Just as we were about to leave, I felt the presence of someone. My sixth sense told me someone might be watching us because I could feel their gaze on us. We were quietly looking around together. Why would anyone come here again?

I looked around closely trying to see if I could hear anything. Maybe I was being paranoid and it would be a cute bunny that would pop out like in movies. But this time it kind of felt different and unsafe. I looked further and saw what I wish I hadn't. It seemed like a man, I could tell by the figure.

It was smart of him to cover himself well. He wore all black and hid well in the bushes. When our eyes met, he turned around and started running. I knew he was there for a reason. Maybe he took father. If I got my hands on him he would be done for.

Without thinking about the risk I started running as fast as possible after him. I wasn't going to let him go without answers. He was there for a reason, maybe by coincidence. But he looked suspicious. Why was he running? Wouldn't he come forward and ask why we were here? He even wore gloves and everything. It almost looked as if a cheetah was trying to catch its prey.

Running at the speed of light, I lost him. Even though I'm not a champion at running I gave my best. I needed to take deep breathes and search for that man. But no luck. He had escaped, for now. I'm not quite sure how I will find him but when I do, I will need my answers. I headed back to where Stacy and Susan seemed like they were worried and ready to bury me alive.

Stacy: "Bella are you insane?! What were you thinking????"

Susan: "Yeah, Bella. You could have gotten injured somewhere. How would you explain that your mom?!"

Stacy: "We are this close to killing you alive don't do that next time okay?"

Bella: "Alright guys, you win. I won't do it again. I just wanted answers."

Susan: "We understand your situation but you have to remember to take care of yourself too you know."

I knew they were right. I'm not sure why that man was there. Maybe he was because he knew something about the case that not even the police knew at that time.