Chapter 10

Going back home, all I could think about was that, "should I tell my family about the incident?" My heart said "nope" unless I want to die, then sure. I had no business going there anyway. I only went there to satisfy myself by looking for some clues. And now I got 2 clues and was even more confused now.

Will I ever be able to see that man again? I want to know what he was doing there. It's absurd he was there the same day we were. Does he know about dad? I zoned out in my thoughts that I didn't release that we had arrived back. Both Susan and Stacy and snapped me out of the thoughts. After I got out of the car and the driver left, I told them to stay over. I was delighted that they both agreed.

Stacy: "Though Bella, you have to be extra careful from now on because of the situation."

Susan: "Yeah Bella. Please be extra cautious and alert at all times. Keep a knife or something with you."

Stacy: "Yup, also see YouTube videos on survival hacks, learn how to defend yourself to become strong."

Bella: "Well I already do that either way. I've seen them. Also, Uncle Flynn has taught me a lot you know, so I'm not too worried about it. But you guys also please be careful okay? We don't know what will happen and we shouldn't do something irresponsible. Okay?"

Susan: "Okay, Okay Bella. Got it sister."

Bella: "Good. Keep that in your mind please. Also, I'll teach you both whatever I know."
Stacy: "That's a good idea. I agree with it."

Bella: "Now, let's go inside. I'm sure all of us are hungry."

Susan: "My stomach is soon gonna make thunder storm sounds."

Bella: *Laughs* "Okie, come on. Let's go."

As we went in the house it was kind of silent which was kind of scary because if mom or Isla were to go out, they would surely tell me. I was getting weird thoughts that there was something going on otherwise why the heck the house was this quite when it isn't normally. I gave the signal to Stacy and Susan to take the umbrellas from the stand, tip toed straight across the room to the living area.
When we went in, we saw no one there. Searched all around but no one was in sight. I checked all the inches of the house expect for one which was the attic. But it didn't make sense why everyone would be there? We all took deep breathes and entered it. And we all sighed out of relief. They were just cleaning the attic.

Mom: "Oh good, you're home. And you bought Susan and Stacy over. Welcome guys!!"

Everyone takes Susan and Stacy as family. They are like sisters for me, not just best friends. We know each other well the most. Any issues or problems we have, we do tell each other. Of course we don't always tell every single detail. Some things we have learnt to deal with on our own and I think that's good because when we don't have each other, we become independent that way. And if things get too tough, we come together and fix it.

Isla: "Was it raining outside? Why are you guys brining umbrellas inside?"

Mom: "Yeah everything alright?"

We were looking at each other and started laughing at my stupidity. Well, at least I'm cautious and now can put the umbrellas back.
Susan: "How about we not discuss this."

Isla: "Let's not. I'm assuming it was Bella's idea."

Bella: "Well, it's not wrong to be prepared, you know."

Mom: "Enough chit chat. All of you must be hungry. Let's eat. We will do the attic later."

Bella: "What on earth were you doing up there?"

Isla: "Going through old photos. And in the end decided on the spot to clean up the whole place because, oh god was it messy."

Bella: "Oh. That explains a lot."

After we ate dinner, Stacy and Susan had to go back home because it was getting late and it's not safe for women to be staying at night time. Their fathers came and picked them up. So that was one worry out of my mind. I went upstairs and analysed the stone again. What does this exactly mean?

I just lied down on bed looking up the ceiling which I covered with glow-in-the-dark stars. I know I'm a like a little kid that won't ever grow. The correct word would be I'm like a kid at heart and I like that I have that in me. It's a part of me that makes me who I am.

I heard the doorbell downstairs and then screamed as if someone unexpectedly came. When I came down to see who it was, it was Uncle Flynn with his family and Uncle Kevin. I rushed to them and gave them a warm welcome.

Clara: "My, oh my Bella. You grew up a lot since the last time I saw you."

Bella: "It's been quite long, Aunt Clara. And you look stunning as always."

Clara: "Thank you darling. I feel like I aged a lot more and look older than I should."

Bella: "Nonsense Aunty, you look lovely."

Other than Uncle David who lives close over here, Uncle Flynn and Kevin are little away from the city so because of everyone's busy schedule we don't always meet that often. On holidays we always do because us spending it on our own becomes very depressing and I don't like the atmosphere.

So our whole family comes and celebrates with us. But this visit was unexpected. Normally they inform us before coming. I was overjoyed and delighted they came over. The house will have more life in it. But now I have to be even more cautious about everything I do. Just because they came over, that doesn't mean I'm not going to investigate.

This is a challenge I accept and a risk I'm willing to take. It was almost as if I was in some action movie doing a secret spy mission. When the time comes, I will surely reveal all of it to them. They deserve to know too. But right now I am stuck with no way to move.

Since it was also getting late and they all were tired from the trip, we all decided to hit the hay. I was way too tired to think of anything logical at this point and hopefully tomorrow is a good day. I remember reading this somewhere, that if you wake up in the morning with positive energy, it will be beneficial for you. It will help throughout the day and although sometimes I'm not like that, I'm gonna have to start somewhere at least.

Luckily, I slept peacefully. Maybe it because I was tired and glad our relatives came over. I was getting ready to go to college. Honestly speaking, A levels is indeed not just hard, it's beyond that. It's nothing like O levels, that's for sure. Anyway, I got myself pampered up and ate breakfast. The house was almost silent because everyone was sound asleep.

I waited for Susan and Stacy to come. I was thinking about all the moments we shared together. I am really blessed to have all these people in my life. When they arrived, we went down the usual path and decided to get coffee on the way.

The classes are, well, boring and exhausting. Teachers really just stick to the subject and teach that. Like there is no excitement in the class, no interaction.

It was break time and both Susan & Stacy were busy. Apparently, their teacher thought it would be a good idea to take their break for a test. I didn't mind eating on my own. I found a nice quiet spot when I heard someone say "Hi Bella" and how I wish I'd just disappeared then.