Chapter 7

I reached home and waved my goodbyes to my friends and headed on in.

Bella: “I’m home~”

David: “Welcome back. How did it go? Did you eat something? Mom was telling me you didn’t eat anything?”

Bella: “You know mom worries even if I get a small paper cut and although I appreciate her concern, I wish she wouldn’t worry so much. And yes I did eat something on the way.”

Uncle David: “All mothers worry about their children. It’s a job as a parent.”

Bella: “I can imagine uncle.”

Mom: “Now that you are home, we can eat dinner.”

Bella: “Yeah alright mom let me go and freshen up a little.”

I headed upstairs and changed my clothes to something more lose and comfy. I looked outside the window and it was raining. I thought to myself that the sky looks so sad when the sun isn’t there.

Even though I love rain and the whole feel of it, the sky looks so dark and it reminds of me all the times I spent crying. It was as if the sky was crying as well. I wasn’t alone those times. It’s kinda weird but it’s what I felt at those moments. I quickly went downstairs and may I mention, I almost tripped going downstairs.

Gladly, I never fell off the stairs but I’m sure one of these days I just might cause of how clumsy I am. I trip, get tiny cuts and burns here and there. My family is always telling me how one can be so clumsy.

They are concerned as far as to what will happen to me. I think out of everyone, I’m so clumsy that my sister is counting how many times I get hurt in a month. I told mom I would go outside while dinner was getting ready.

I went out in the backyard and enjoyed the rain. It sounded so peaceful. The cold tiny water drop touching my face and the cold breeze giving the chills all over. It was so refreshing.

I don’t understand why a lot of people don’t like rain. In shows or movies, sometimes they are so quick to cover themselves from the rain. I guess some people don’t like getting wet like that

Of course everyone is different and has their opinions. So I’m no one to judge. The thing that everyone should keep in mind is that if they like something and you don’t, that’s alright. Just respect their opinion.

After spending some time outside, I went back inside again and helped mom with whatever I could. I set up the dinner table and called everyone. Uncle David is also a great cook and in fact, he cooked dinner today.

My mother was lending him a hand with whatever he needed. He’s really good at it and so was dad. Both of them would have a cooking battle with each other including Aunt Brittany. I still remember how much of a blast they would have.

Making jokes and also making sure not burn anything in the process. Laughter would fill this place up and memories now play like films in our mind. Since dad wasn’t there it was never the same so after that we never really had more competitions like that. It wasn’t the same without him. All of us are really sensitive when it comes to dad.

Everyone is always cautious and even if we do talk about him, it’s very rare and only for a bit. I really appreciate that even though they must have something to say about him, they don’t, because they know that I will either cry later or perhaps get a panic attack.

There have been times where I would sit down and think about dad and I would get very bad panic attacks and I was unable to breathe. I’m a lot better than before. I don’t cry as much when I think of him now or get that bad of a panic attack either. Though I can’t say I’m 100 percent better I wonder to myself if I ever will be. We all sat down for dinner and as usual, everything was delicious.

Bella: “Uncle, everything you made is magnificent.”

Uncle David: “Oh, why thank you Bella. I really am happy you enjoyed. Eat up okay?”

Bella: “Will do uncle.”

I think mostly out of all of my elders, I’m close with Uncle David after mom. He has helped with everything such as homework, played with us and has been with me like a father. Like I have mentioned before, he couldn’t ever replace that but I’m grateful he was there with me and my family. After dinner, I cleaned out with the dishes and took a walk around the house to freshen up my mind a little and then it hit me.

Maybe I should go upstairs and see if I could find some old pictures of Susan and Stacy. I went up to the attic and oh my God it was super dusty. I searched through everything and found an album and let me just say, we grew up a lot. There were many pictures of us together. I was taking the pictures and sending them to Susan and Stacy. They were just as surprised as I was. I then had an idea.

I would make a collage of them and turn this into a painting of us. It would be really cool and memorable to do. I was looking through more photos and saw some of dad’s old photos.

l remember him talking about his old school days and memories. I started tearing up just looking at them. Thinking to myself, “Oh dad, I miss you so much and how I wish I could see you. I want to hug you so badly please come back.”

I wiped off my tears and told myself it would be fine. One day we will surely know what would have happened to dad and I wasn’t going to just die without ever knowing. I got an idea in my mind and thought I would go to the area where dad went missing. Maybe there would be something I would be able to figure out.