Chapter 3

They came in and told they had information for us. We made them sit in the living area and offered tea and dessert to them. We could tell they appreciated it because they thanked us. They sipped their tea and began to tell us little by little about what had happened.

Apparently, the car accident was caused by a drunken driver who couldn't stop in time and ended up crashing with our car. They showed us pictures of the crash site.

I took a peek of the photos and saw one which caught my eye. It had a knife with blood on it. I asked the policewoman about what this had to do with the crash as it seemed quite odd. She replied

Policewoman: "Well, little one, I- I'm not sure how to tell you this, it could be quite disturbing......"
She was stuttering with her words.

Mom: "Yeah Bella dear, its better if you don't know." She added.

Me: "Mom, I'm bound to know one day. It won't be any different if I find out years later."

Kevin: "It's okay Amelia, she's right after all. She will find out one day."

Mom: *sighs*
"Alright, fine."

The policewoman then explained to us that they found a knife which was there at the crash site. She told us that her team took DNA samples and the results were expected to come out tomorrow so they couldn't tell us anything yet for sure yet and also because that area doesn't have any CCTV cameras around there was no proof of what happened. I
asked

Me: "But why is there a knife with blood at the crash site?"

Policewoman: "It seems like there was a fight and someone could've been badly injured and we're assuming its your father."

Me: "Why are you assuming its him and not my uncles?"

Policewoman: "Because neither of your uncles had any injuries that could've
been caused by a knife."

I was on the on the verge of tears and soon I could feel tears running down my cheeks. My nose felt stuffy. The policewoman then gave me a hug and reassured me that they'd find him soon.
After they gave us the information, they left. I didn't want to think about it too much all I knew was that dad would be home soon. If not now, then soon. I just know it.

This all seemed a lot to take in. I shrugged off the feeling and went upstairs to my room to sleep. I looked outside my window and saw it was raining. I opened it and stuck out my hand to feel the cold water on my skin, the lovely wind flowing in my hair. I needed some fresh air. I wish I could go down and play in the rain but couldn't cause I would get sick.

I layed down in bed and was tossing and turning all night. Those thoughts were coming in and I just didn't know anymore "What if dad was killed?" "What if he was kidnapped by someone?"

I got out of bed and read myself a book. Whenever father would get the time he would read me to sleep. I felt a lot better a bit sleepier and dozed off pretty quickly. I woke up really early in the morning. It was a little chilly. I put on some warm clothes and headed downstairs. I saw everyone was getting ready to have their breakfast.

Afterwards, all of us were going to the hospital to see if Uncle Flynn and David are fine. We couldn't go yesterday because I don't think I was ready to take everything in seeing the people I love in such a state. Once all of us were ready, we left in 2 cars. On our way, we got some flowers and get well soon cards.

We reached the hospital and my heart was pounding. I felt very scared to go in and meet them. Mom had comforted me that they are fine and will soon be well. But I still was afraid to go in and see how they would be. I mustered all the courage I had and went in the room. I still remember the room, Room 984.

I somehow remember the room number amongst all of this. I stepped in and sighed out of relief and started crying. I ran to them. They hugged me and told me that they were fine and they really were. Gladly, there weren't any permanent damages just minor ones. The doctors told us that they will be alright in another few days. Isla was also crying. She was shocked when she found both of our uncles got hurt.

We never told her that they got into a car accident. We just told her that they fell down pretty badly. I mean, you couldn't tell a 3 year old all that.
Both my uncles got better soon and were soon discharged from the hospital.

Days were slowly passing by and things were still the same, there was no news about dad yet. And turns out the test result came and it was father's blood on the knife. All of us were just waiting for any piece of news. We were questioned if father had any enemies and they checked the CCTV of the airports but found nothing. This case took a whole different turn and now is a missing person case. Day by day I would hope that he would return but he never came.

And now it has been about 10 years since he's been missing and I can't even begin to describe my feelings. I'm really grateful that my cousin, aunt, uncle and amazing friends have stayed by our side and helped us when we needed it. I'm now 17 years old and my sister Isla is 13. I'm in my last year of A levels and will graduate soon.

My sister is in her 1st year of O levels. I haven't exactly decided where I am going for university but I have decided to go in arts as my major. I loved painting and drawing so much that I've recently gotten good at it by practice, but not professionally too good. You may think that I'm very strong. Unfortunately, no. I think if anything, I'm not. I miss father every day. All of us do. I cry practically every night.