Chapter 12

All what I could remember during the time, these moments with father just made my heart hurt even more than it should have. I just needed him then at that moment and time, a hug from him to tell me that everything was gonna be okay.

I tried calming myself down and surprisingly it worked and I was able to do so, before I reached a stage of panic attacks. I knew he wouldn't want this and had to stay strong finding out about the stone which was a definite sign.

There would be more that I'd find out and I just knew it. I could just feel it in my gut. Suddenly a part of me did feel something, as if there was a presence watching me from somewhere. I felt a little odd.

It was a little confusing for me because I didn't have spaces in my room as such someone would peep through. The only connection I have is my window and bathroom.

I looked outside the window and I saw nothing out of the ordinary. Just the beautiful view which always took my breath away. It was healing for me to see, especially with some music.

I also decided that I would make a journal and jot down all the information from the start. Maybe it would make more sense to me then. I would do it tomorrow in my free time.

Right now, I wanted nothing more than a good night's rest. All the stressing out must have made me tired. Though what mom and Uncle David said to me did make me smile. I feel that I have gotten stronger and can at least manage something on my own.

The next morning, I didn't feel like doing anything but I had to go collage otherwise I would miss a lot of lessons. Plus, the girls that used to bully me are gone so I didn't have tension about anything.

I woke up earlier than I was supposed to which was kind of surprising. It takes a lot of effort to wake up sometimes because I am more of night person.

As I went downstairs, everyone was looking at me as if I had committed some sort of sin.

Bella: "Good morning everyone. Is everything alright?"

Mother: "Yes child. Everything is. We just wanted to discuss something with you."

Bella: "Okay, sure, but why all the seriousness?"

Mother: "Well, it's about time you go to university Bella and now I think the time has come for you to decide what you want to do further on."

Aunt Brittany: "Yes Bella...where do you think your heart lies? Or, what makes you excited to do something?"

Flynn: "This is just my opinion, but I think you are really superb at painting."

Bella: "Thank you, Uncle. But I am not even sure if that's where I belong. Am I really good?"

Mother: "You will find out soon. Just try different things and explore, and you'll find what is for you."

Flynn: "Yeah, no one is gonna force anything upon you."

Bella: "Thank you everyone, I really am grateful for that. But mom, I know what you are thinking and no way am I moving out of this house just for uni."

Mother: "Now Bella-"

Bella: "Mother, my decision is final. I can't just leave you here on your own, all alone. Who is gonna take care of you? The house?"

Mother: "I will be fine, and besides our family is here. Also there will be a time where you will get married and so will your sister. So therefore I have to get used to it at some point."

Bella: "First of all, mom that isn't even happening and when it does, I have to make sure that I am not that far away from you and before going to uni, I will figure something out. There is still a lot of time."

Mother: "I know what you're saying but there will be a time were you will have to go and start your own life. Follow your dreams and heart."

Bella: "We will see then, mom. Right now, I have to find out what my passion is. I do think its painting, though."

Mother: "If that's what you want to do then I say go for it."

Bella: "Thank you for your support. Now I am going to uni before I get late. I love you mom" I said as I hugged her tightly

Mother: "I love you more my dear. Be careful okay? Oh and in the evening, one of your father's friend and his family have invited us over for dinner." She said hugging me back

Bella: "Oh, alright mom. Is it the Johnson's?"

Mother: "Yup, they are. So try not to be late."

The Johnsons were a really lovely family. They have been with us through this journey and have also helped whenever possible. It had been a while since their last visit. I guess everyone got busy and even I forgot when the last time we had all met each other was.

On the way, when we were going, a weird sort of feeling was lingering around me ever since mom told that we were going. It was kind of suspicious. I wasn't certain why I was thinking and feeling so.

Sure, he was a great friend of my father's but could he have something to do with him? The idea and thought of that was just awful.

Knowing them for years and having them by our side, I could never imagine something like this. Ever. It was just a thought and a feeling which you never know, it can't always be accurate.

Going back home, I was scared to do so. Maybe this whole investigating thing was getting to my head. I'm overreacting a lot and I shouldn't just jump to conclusions with no proof.

I got ready and wore something decent. It was a gift from Aunt Clara. A cute, long dress with floral style print on it. I was looking at the necklace I was wearing, it was the same one I was almost about to lose.

It is really special to because on my birthday, when I turned 7, father had this specially made for me. I desperately wanted it after watching cartoons in which characters used their magical jewellery to turn into princesses with power.

Sadly, I couldn't turn into a princess with powers but I realised that the person I got it from was my treasure and everything. And that is more precious than anything to me

Later on, I told myself not to do anything and if my gut only says something, then maybe something is up then.

During the trip from our house to theirs, I was anxious not going to lie. What would I find over there? Uncle Flynn took us since both of our other uncles had plans. Even though mom could drive us there, it felt weird for just the 3 of us to go.

They were welcoming and friendly as they have always been with us. Having dinner with them, I wasn't as anxious as I was before. However, I felt like something was gonna happen. It wasn't a good or reassuring feeling. More like dangerous and to be alert.

Anyways, I played PlayStation with their son, William. Since she is much better at playing with little kids, she was hanging out with their daughter Maria. Everything seemed very much fine until all of us heard a huge thud sound outside. I got jump-scared so easily and my heart was like a racing marathon.