Chapter 8

It seems kind of ridiculous to go back there. Because all the evidence that was needed was already given to us. Again, the whole question arises of where the knife came from.

The DNA test result said it was fathers. It seems to me someone had definitely planned to do that. To get dad for some reason but for what and why? Police have already interviewed and questioned all of his friends and even family but there was no information. So it got me wondering, “what if someone planned the accident as well?” But who, is the question.

My father wasn’t someone famous. Sure, he was well known in our neighbourhood and he would interact with our neighbours, knew the locals and would greet them, help whenever he could. Would it be that he got kidnapped by someone who knew him?

I didn’t realise I was so lost in my thoughts that it was getting late and if I wanted to visit the site tomorrow I better get to sleep. I didn’t want to tell anyone about it. Maybe my friends and I could go together because going alone seems risky as it is.

When I will meet them at university I’ll tell them. Going to bed I had those thoughts again even though I told myself that now wasn’t the time. I had a little hope in me that I would be able to get some clues somehow and maybe there might be a very slight chance of me finding him.

I don’t know when I slept but I know that it surely wasn’t enough for me because I felt as if I was hit by a truck this morning. I just blamed by thoughts had I not have had them I would have slept peacefully.

When was the last night I felt comfort while sleeping? Has it really been that long? I got out of bed and went to the washroom and looked in the mirror and was about to scream to see what condition I was in. I looked a bit pale and had huge eye bags.

It isn’t too much of a surprise as I wasn’t taking care of my health lately. And this would be the result of it. I sighed and freshened myself up and went to the kitchen. My sister looked at me from head to toe and asked me:

Isla: “Sister, you don’t look so good. Everything alright?”

Bella: “I’m fine, Isla. I just haven’t been sleeping too well.”

Isla: “Mom will flip if she sees you in such a state.”

Bella: “I better escape before she finds out.”

Isla: “Before you do, eat breakfast and go before she buries you alive.”

Bella: “I won’t eat much because I don’t feel like it.”

Isla: “Sister, I am telling you because I care. Please do take care of yourself they’re really people who do care about you and get hurt to see you in such a condition.”

She smiled at me after she said that. I could feel her emotions though it.

Bella: “I will Isla, don’t worry. You should take care of yourself more, okay? Don’t let yourself get sick.”

Isla: “Got you sis.”

For breakfast, I didn’t feel like eating much because I didn’t feel the need to. But my mother will always and I mean always tell me to at least even have a nibble of something.

So I thought why not make myself a vegetable omelette. I may not be an expert at it but I can surely make myself a little something. The good news was that I didn’t burn the kitchen. The bad news was that I was about to head out but Uncle David caught me.

I thought to myself, “Great, now I’m dead meat. He’s going to ask all these questions that I don’t have a great answer to.”

David: “Did you eat something?”

Bella: “Yes Uncle, I did. In fact, I made myself breakfast today so don’t worry. Just going to university right now.”

I said that and I knew if I had turned around from my position and if he were to see my face I would be doomed for. I wasn’t sick but I looked like a person who was in a zombie-like state.

David: “That’s amazing. Proud of you kiddo. You are growing up I see. What did you eat for breakfast Bella?”

Bella: “Made myself an omelette with vegetables and I didn’t get a scratch or cut nor did I skip breakfast so it’s all great.”

David: “Hmm….well, that’s good to know.”

Bella: “Glad to know you’re happy to hear that. Now, I will be going uncle.”
David: “Why does it seem to me that you’re trying to run away?”

Bella: “Why do you think that uncle?”

I nervously laugh and wanted nothing more than to run away from this situation. At this point, only a miracle could save me. Suddenly, I hear my phone ring and I couldn’t be happier. Without looking at my phone, I answered it.

It was Susan and God, do I owe her one. She was calling to let me know that they were outside so we could walk to uni together. I told uncle and left the house like sonic would. While we were walking to university I told them the plan. They were shocked at first and were wondering why I wanted to go there because it didn’t bring me any good memories.

They were right. I’m not sure what I was getting myself into but I really didn’t want to give up. I’m not really the type to. When I set my mind on something, I will always give it a shot and see how it goes. There is no harm in trying, expect for the fact that I could get panic attacks. But I need to know. During my classes, I was zoning out and thinking about what I would find there.

Finally, when it was over I couldn’t wait. Now the problem was I couldn’t go with any of my family members because well, I wouldn’t know how to explain it to them. But we all decided that we would go by taxi to the location. We would divide the money and go. I informed my mother and uncle that I was with Susan and Stacy. They didn’t have a problem with it so everything was set.

The whole way, I was really nervous. I could feel the cold sweat all over me and my heart racing each minute. Even though I wasn’t alone, I was still scared to see what I would find there.