Chapter 24

Iris: “Okay so, I looked inside and it seems like a lot of people are there.”

Bella: “Okay then let’s go on inside.”

My heart was racing a lot and I didn’t know what would exactly happen. I could only predict. Behind the door, I would finally see the one person who I have waited to see for 10 years.

We knocked on the door and saw our dear uncle opening it.

Bella: “So good to see you Uncle.”

Iris:  “Hi dad! So what’s up?”

The look on his face! He seemed so shocked and confused. He should have known better than to underestimate us.

Uncle David: “What are you doing here?!”

Bella: “I’ve come to meet my father so move out of the way Mr. David.”

Uncle Flynn: “What the-“

Bella: “Move Uncle. This the last time I’m saying it.”

Uncle David: “Bella, what nonsense are you talking about?”

Bella: “You can stop the act now Mr. David. I know everything.”

Uncle Flynn: “So she finally figured us out huh?”

Uncle David: “Seems so. But you were all stupid to follow us here. GUARDS!”

Bella: “What the- let us GO.”

Going inside, we were held, hostage. I could tell what they must have been thinking, “these kids are so dumb they came unprepared” but what they don’t know, is that we are all prepared and have everything going according to how we want.

For the first time in 10 years, I saw my father…..and I was speechless. He looked weak and had grown a beard. But he still had that same handsome face as he did before. I could tell by his expression he seemed so shocked but I could see past that. He wanted to come and hug his daughter and see if it wasn’t a dream because that’s how I felt. After so long, I finally got to see him but they weren’t letting me meet him. It wasn’t a heart-warming reunion but I was so relieved to see him. I had so many emotions and I didn’t know how to react to any of them. My eyes were watering up with tears and I could see his too

Uncle David: “Ohh so father and daughter finally meet. After so long.”

Bella: “I don’t think I’ve met anyone as cruel as you Mr. David.”

He held my chin tightly.

Uncle David: “This, my dear Bella, is the real me. But I'm sorry to say the reunion will have to wait for a little. You might have to do that in heaven”

The grips of the guards were very firm and tight. I could say what they would next. And now is the perfect time to get answers.

Bella: “Holding us here hostage isn’t going to do anything, Mr. David.”

Uncle David: “What’s with the mister? I’m still your uncle.”

Bella: “You were dead to me as soon as I found out so I will call you as I please. Besides, you should be happy I’m still giving you some sort of respect after what you did.”

Uncle Flynn: “This little-“

Uncle David: “Calm down now. You know they won’t be here for long.”

Uncle Flynn: “That’s the only thing that keeps me going.”

Bella: What do you mean by that?”

Uncle David: “Well you know I can’t keep you alive now that you know all of this.”

Bella: “Oh I see. You plan on killing us. Nice idea. Show out the truth, you know.”

Uncle David: “Thank you, dear. I really am wicked.”

Iris: “So your daughter also I’m sure, doesn’t mean anything to you. That you’re just going to kill her without feeling any guilt.”

Uncle Flynn: “Doesn’t matter really.”

Uncle David: “Don’t take it to heart dear daughter. I really did love you and will you kill you out of it.”

Bella: “Okay before you do kill us, can we at least know why you did all of this?”

Uncle Flynn: “Hmm good question. Let’s start with why we planned on taking your father. David, you may do the honours.”

Uncle David: “With pleasure brother. It was because…….you know, all villains have it in common to take revenge on the good guys.”

Stacy: “So you did it because you were jealous of their family always being happy? Is that it?”

Uncle Flynn: “Yup exactly. We couldn’t stand the smile on his face. Plus, he was such a smarty-pants.”

Bella: “Are you like 5 years old to do something like this?”

Susan: “I think they are. Which is why they did something like this.”

Uncle David: “Now hold on there is more. Your father stole your mother from me.”

Bella: “What crap are you talking about now?!”

Uncle David: “Well like in the movies, I was in love with your mother first but my own brother had taken her away from me so this is also revenge for that.”

Susan: “So all of this, because he was happy and loved the one you did. Did you imagine what it would do to Bella’s mom, finding out that her children will also be killed? And to find out who knows, years later, that it was you out of all of the people who did this.”

Bella: “Even so after knowing all of this about you, I’m so very glad that you never were, are, and will never be my father. You’re one of the worst people I have met in my entire life, including Mr. Flynn.”

Uncle Flynn: “It’s likewise kiddo. We never liked you anyway and loved seeing you suffering.”

I started to tear up.

Bella: “You all are ruthless!! Moreover, why did you kill Maria?”

Iris: “The poor innocent child….did you have to go that far?”

Uncle David: “Well, we knew you were going to investigate at some point about your father and confirmed it when we saw you that day at the crash site.”

Uncle Flynn: “So when I went with you guys, I was the one that placed the teddy bear by the window. I knew that dang thing meant a lot to her which is why I did it.”

Susan: “Why were you guys over there?”

Iris: “Must be because they left their most crucial evidence.”

Uncle David: “Got to say, you’re smart Iris. Must have gotten it from me. Anyway, it was a coincidence that we were over there. It was because of the stone that we needed to go back there.”

Bella: “But you failed to achieve it, I’m assuming.”

Uncle Flynn: “Shut up now everyone! My patience is at its limit!!”

Bella: “I want to know one more thing.”

Uncle Flynn: “What is it now?”

Bella: “Why did you kidnap Stacy? It was me you wanted, why did you go so low and kidnap her?”

Uncle Flynn: “Another distraction we wanted to create for you child, and besides, you got lucky that we didn’t harm her or else we would have. Your face would have said it all.”

Bella: “Could you just tell us what happened that day? Just to remove the thirst of my curiosity.”

Uncle David: “I mean you all will be long gone soon, so why not?”