VIII

Jisoo

Jisoo

Jisoo sits in the middle of her room, clothes strewn around her. She was in the process of picking something to wear. The minute her mom told her they were going to have dinner with the other Kim families, she immediately ransacked her room looking for the right outfit. She wants something to show Jin that she is successful and doing well without him, but not something that makes it look like she dressed up for him.

Biting her lip she stares at the two outfits laying on her bed, one a red skirt with black buttons paired with a white blouse and the other a navy blue off-shoulder chiffon dress from Dior. She purses her lips before deciding to cover her eyes and spin in a circle, pointing at a random dress. She uncovers her eyes and sees her finger pointing at the navy blue one.

Satisfied she takes them both off her bed and hangs them on their hangers in the closet. She then flops down at her bed and looks up at the high ceiling of her room. Laying there she recalls her last argument with Jin before they broke up.

Flashback

Jisoo paces the apartment biting her nails, waiting for Jin to get home. She knows that Jin won't be happy with her decision, but she hopes he will support her no matter what. That's what couples are supposed to do, after all. If he really loves he will support her. She sits on the couch for a second before hopping right back up when she hears the door creak.

"Jin?" she says timidly, still worried.

"Hi baby, how was your day?"

"Fine, I wanted-"

"I had a terrible day," Jin interrupts loosening his tie, "our chairman was found ordering 'sexual services' during the workday and caused a scandal we had to cover up. On top of that, we couldn't pass the deal with the Spanish company."

"Jin, listen, I-"

"Baby, I'm so tired, I could really use some of your coffee."

"Yes, of course," Jisoo sighs giving up for the moment and heading to the kitchen to make her boyfriend coffee. Minutes later she pours the warm brown liquid into a mug and makes a leaf-like design with the cream. She walks with the mug into the kitchen and hands it to Jin.

"Listen, Jin, I need to tell you something."

"Hmm?" He hummed look up from his coffee.

"I gave up my inheritance."

Jin looks up at her with wide eyes, processing what she said. He then sets down the mug of coffee and looks up at her once again.