XIV

Lisa runs through the hospital in a panicked state, her heels clicking rhythmically against the white tile floor as she hurries through the halls

Lisa runs through the hospital in a panicked state, her heels clicking rhythmically against the white tile floor as she hurries through the halls. She had left the office in a rush, leaving Namjoon to all the work that was left, but friends always come before work.

Especially when that friend is Chaeyoung.

Lisa nods in quick greeting to a nurse who smiles back before bursting through the heavy metal door to Chaeyoungs hospital room.

"Chae!" Lisa exclaims loudly, banging the door open as she frantically runs to her friend. 

"Hey Lis," Chae says, flashing a weak smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes, "why are you here?"

"What do you mean, why am I here," Lisa scoffs, throwing herself at the bed-ridden Chaeyoung, "Are you okay? What happened? Don't tell me you've been hiding something from us."

"I just fainted Lis, its no big deal," Chaeyoung replies softly, avoiding contact with Lisa's concerned eyes. 

"No big deal? Chae. You fucking fainted in the middle of a practice room at TT entertainment." Lisa scolds, pursing her lips at Chaeyoung, "How is that not a big deal? Don't tell me Hobi is overworking you. Or Suga, that asshole, he's always so hard on people, do I need to sue them?"

"No Lise, calm down," Chaeyoung chuckles, amused at her younger friends over protectiveness, "Hobi and Suga treat me fine. Don't worry, seriously."

"How can I not worry?" Lisa exclaims, throwing her hands up in frustration at her friend's selflessness, "You're in the hospital!"

"I'm fine! Look, I'm alive and happy," Chaeyoung says, extending her arms as if to prove her existence. 

"Happy my ass."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Chaeyoung frowns, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Chae. We've been friends for years, I can tell when you're upset about something."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Chaeyoung pouts, looking away from Lisa, upset her friend knows her so well.

"Hmph," Lisa huffs, narrowing her eyes at her friend. They stay like that for a minute or two, Lisa staring at Chaeyoung in suspicion and Chaeyoung avoiding all eye contact with her arms crossed over her chest. 

"Fine," Chaeyoung sighs, causing Lisa to grin victoriously, "I saw Jimin kiss a girl."

"What!?" Lisa gasps, her jaw-dropping to the floor, "that fucking asshole, how dare he, you all totally had something going on."

"Right! That's what I'm saying," Chaeyoung says, her eyes widening in conspiracy, "I swear he liked me, but I guess not."

"Are you okay?" Lisa asks, her voice going soft after recovering from the shock. Chaeyoung just shrugs in response and avoids Lisa's eyes once again. Lisa sits back in her chair and looks at her friend sadly, but doesn't push for she is obviously not ready to tell.