XVI

Slumped over the bar Lisa swirls the golden drink around the cup, watching as the liquid catches the dim light of the bar and reflects aureate specks of light onto the dark wood of the bar

Slumped over the bar Lisa swirls the golden drink around the cup, watching as the liquid catches the dim light of the bar and reflects aureate specks of light onto the dark wood of the bar. She purses her lips and sighs before lifting the glass to her lips and puckering her lips as the harsh drink hits her throat.

Slamming the cup onto the counter she groans in frustration. Lisa had been almost certain that the son was suspect. He had no solid alibi and had a clear motive. He had killed his father because of the debt he owed him and because of his father's advances on his wife. It was perfect.

But now, Lisa's not so sure. The other day she had found a box of letters and reading them had muddled the case even more.

The letters were written by Lee Kun Hee and addressed to an Italian woman named Giovanna. From the letters, Lee Kun Hee seemed to be in love with this woman, the letters filled with flowery promises of marriage and a beautiful life together.

At first, these letters seemed to have no place in the case whatsoever, but as she continued to read, Lee Kun Hee kept bringing up someone who will be, as he puts it, "an obstacle to their beautiful union."

As she read the letters this person was brought up again and again, especially in the most recent letters. In the last letter, it seems like Lee Kun Hee even hinted towards this woman's jealousy becoming vengeful and her threatening his life.

Usually, Lisa would have thought this was just a silly lover's spite and wouldn't actually lead to the death of Lee Kun Hee. That is until she had a wild idea, one that even she thinks is impossible.

She rubs her face in her hands and sighs, trying to come back to reality. There is no way the murderer is her, she has no motive. Or does she?

"God, I hate this job!" She exclaims before waving her hand towards the waiter, motioning for another drink.

❃❃❃

Jungkook is splayed across his sofa, an arm over his face as he tries to block out the street light shining through his living room window. He groans, cracking his neck as he blinks rapidly, trying not to let the comforting blanket of sleep overtake him.

The phone dangling from his fingers begins to sound, causing him to jump a little as the harsh ringing encompasses the silent room.

"Who is calling me," he groans, rubbing his tired face with his hand and sitting up. Holding the phone up and reading the name, his eyes widen and he rubs his eyes in disbelief.

"Am I dreaming?" he mutters, staring at his phone in shock before sliding the green button to accept the call.

"Hello?"

"Jeonnnnn" a voice on the other line groans, causing Jungkooks lip to involuntarily twitch upwards.

"Yeah?"