VII

Kim Namjoon has never said no to his Mother, not once, not when she asks him to buy her groceries, not when she plans spontaneous family vacations in the middle of a workweek, not even when she calls him 6 times a day to ask him how to write an em...

Kim Namjoon has never said no to his Mother, not once, not when she asks him to buy her groceries, not when she plans spontaneous family vacations in the middle of a workweek, not even when she calls him 6 times a day to ask him how to write an email to someone. But now, because he can't say no to his Mom, he is now sitting in his car in front of a petite, but very popular, clothing shop called Ru:By Jennie.

Sighing he looks in the rearview mirror and adjusts his hair, running his fingers through it until he is satisfied, he checks one last time before stepping out of the car and walking towards the shop. When he steps through the door he is greeted by the ding of a bell and a young woman's voice welcoming him.

He smiles back and stands at the entrance of the shop awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

The woman standing behind the counter clears her throat, "is there something I can do for you, sir?"

He shuffles his feet before saying, "ah, yes, is Kim Jennie here?"

She smiles mischievously before yelling back "Jennie!" "A very handsome someone's here to see you~"

His eyes widen, realizing her misunderstanding, but before he can correct her, Jennie yells back "Who is it Irene, I'm busy."

"Just come out Jen"

Jennie's head peeks around the door to what must be an office area.

The excitement in her eyes is quickly replaced with disappointment when she realizes it's him.

"Oh, it's just you." She says stepping out from behind the door.

He takes in her messy state before answering "Yup. You should probably, you know, dress up a bit if we are going to this dinner with our families"

"Oh shit, that's tonight? I knew I was forgetting something, but now it makes sense why you would be here, did your Mom make you come pick me up? God, I don't have anything to
wear-"

"We have time to go pick something up, but we really should leave now." He says interrupting her worrying.

She narrows her eyes at him as if trying to figure out if this is a trick.

"Fine." She says turning to grab a small bag sitting on the counter. He opens the door for her and they make their way to his car.

Once he starts the car she turns to him and crosses her arms.

"Cut the act, why are you being so nice."

"Why shouldn't I be nice?"

"The fück you mean, you just called me a whore last week, and now you're telling me you're normally nice to me?"

"I- okay, you have a point but, just tonight while we're with our families lets at least try to be civil."

"When was I ever not civil" she huffed crossing her arms as she leans back in her seat.