Meeting the lions

The paladins watched in amazement at the lion cubs. "Shiro did you find these little guys?," Pidge asked. Shiro nodded,"I found the green one, then she roared and the rest of them came rushing in." Lance pointed to the ground."Guys look at the grass!" Everyone gasped at what they saw. The grass was know a combination on colors. Hazel, dark brown, violet, black, blue, yellow, red, green, light gray, and a teal. Shiro looked into the familiar colors then to the eyes of the paladins and cubs. "I think the planet adapts to the color of the eyes the dwellers have. Look at the colors, it's our eyes colors! Including the cubs." Shiro motioned to the cubs as they seemed unfazed. They already had that figured out.

Lance got closer to the cubs, and it seemed as though the blue one was staring at him."Do you guys think that blue one is staring at me, I feel like it is." As everyone walked up to the cubs and admired them, Pidge set herself to the side. She pulled out a gadget and started working on it. "Guys the atmosphere is okay! You can take your helmets off." Everyone sighed a breathe of relief and took off their helmets. The cubs yelped at the strange forms in front of them. They all walked up to the cubs and knelt down. The cub got closer and inspected everyone of them. "They're cute!" Hunk giggled.

Pidge was in a corner fiddling around with another unfinished gadget. The green cub got curious and turned invisible, sneaking up behind the short girl. Pidge felt a thump on her shoulder, but saw nothing so she continued working. She looked around for a screwdriver she brought, but couldn't find it. Suddenly, the green cub appeared in front of her, her screwdriver in her mouth. Pidge was startled, but then smiled and grabbed the screwdriver. She petted the cub with her hand as it purred. "I like them too." said Pidge.

Hunk and Lance were examining the blue and yellow cubs. The yellow one sniffed around as the blue one looked confused by the other's actions. Suddenly, the yellow cub pounced on Hunk, causing him to fall. It searched his pockets. "Hunk!" Lance cried. The yellow cub took it's snout out of Hunk's pockets, and was eating a homemade bun.Lance looked at Hunk with a disappointed expression on his face.

"Hunk did you bring food-"

"I'm sorry-"

"-and didn't share with me?" Lance smirked at Hunk who smiled and started laughing. The yellow cub made his way through Hunk's pockets taking out a lot of buns. It nodded at the blue cub, who took at bun and ate it. Lance and Hunk took one for themselves. The cub's eyes widened and ate more and more.

Keith and the red cub pretended not to be interested in each other, but it was really hard when an adorable hooman and red cub you always dreamed of was right in front of you. The red cub gave in and walked towards Keith with interest when he pulled out a purple knife. Keith didn't notice the red cub coming towards him until it pounced on top of him. Keith dropped his knife and the cub quickly snatched it from the ground. Keith watched in surprise as it drew a human-like figure into the dirt....and started stabbing it where the heart should be. Keith couldn't help it, he started laughing so hard.

Everyone turned from what they were doing and looked at the red paladin and it's cub. Lance and the blue cub watched in horror at what the red cub was doing. Pidge and the green cub looked incredibly amused. Hunk and the yellow cub cooed at the bonding moment. Space Dad and Space cub shook their heads, smiling a bit. Lance saw Keith laughing and his cheeks went bright red.

Keith took his hand out and scratched the red cub behind it's ear. He dropped the knife, and started purring. The other cubs jaws dropped at how the red paladin got the red cub to purr. Lance noticed how the blue cub glanced at the red cub purring and looked away a faint red on it's cheeks. The blue cub looked up to see Lance wiggling his eyebrows. It roared and growled at him, causing him to laugh. The red cub and Keith looked up and noticed the entire crew watching them. They quickly separated, embarrassed to show their soft sides. Everyone cooed.

"Aww, Keith don't be scared to show your wittle feelings" sneered Pidge. Hunk giggled and Shiro held in his laughter. Keith turned redder than the cub. "It's not like that!" Pidge looked at him questionably. "So how then?" Keith glanced at Lance from the corner of his eye, and saw his cheeks were red. Keith turned into a tomato ready to explode. "N-Nothing." Pidge shrugged and went back to playing with the green cub. Same with the others, but Lance and the blue one were blushing enormously, hiding their faces. Shiro looked at the time.

"Guys we gotta go, Allura is waiting for us." Everyone glanced at the cubs sadly. In their small time together, they came to enjoy the little animals. The black cub finally purred. Shiro turned to him. "D-Do you want to come with us?" All of the cubs nodded their heads frantically. The cubs actually barely survived on that planet. They didn't know if they food was poisonous so they only ate berries, which they knew was safe. The paladins chuckled. "Alright, welcome to Team Voltron and Earth guys."