Lance's Desired Future

Keith walked around a white abyss. There wasn't anything around him just....white. Where am I? Keith continued to walk around, his surroundings not moving. He felt a wind gush behind him and it was strong. He covered his face his his arms, crossing it like an X. He closed his eyes and a cool breeze flew past him. When he opened his eyes, they widened. He was surrounded by holographic screens. They were connected with red lines and led to a center core behind him, with sorta looked like a huge sapphire. Some of the red lines were blocked with a blue, slimy substance. He walked to the nearest screen and saw a pause button. He pressed it and the video played. It was Lance. As a boy smiling at his sister playing a piano in front of a crowd. He was talking to his mom, but Keith couldn't hear anything. 

"-eith?Keith? Lance? CAN YOU HeAR ME?? Stupid thing, doesn't even work. I knew I should've checked it for the 15th time to see if the damn thing worked. KEITH??? LANCE?"

Keith's covered his ears at the insufferable noise. "Pidge?" The person gasped,"It worked!! Keith, can you hear me clearly?" Keith nodded,"Yeah, I can. What's up, how are you doing that?" Keith couldn't see Pidge, but he could hear the smirk in her voice,"While you were passed out in the pods, Hunk and I made a mind headband so we can talk to you." Keith hummed,"Okay, can you tell me where am I?" Pidge grunted,"From what I can tell, this is Hippocampus. This where you have been in Lance's mind. These screens are his memories. The red lines are veins, I believe, and the blue is the quintessance, blocking the memory core. Lance has to watch the memories again and the quintessance will go away." Keith nodded,"So he has to go through all of the memories, then I pull him back up to reality."

"Correct.Bring him back, Keith." Keith set off to find Lance, to keep an eye on him. He walks around and spots Lance about a mile away. Keith's heart aches to run to him, hug him, tell him he's missed him. The real him. He sees him touch a memory and the quintessance fade away, leaving a thin red line connecting to the core. He had a beautiful smile on his face. Keith bites his lips and decides to distract himself. But it's kinda hard when the guy he's been pining for for years now is right in front of him and looking cute as heck with his billowing brown hair and light blue eyes. He looks over at a memory from Lance and un-pauses the memory. 

Lance is leaning on Hunk's back and his mouth is moving rapidly, so Keith couldn't tell what he was saying. His face was red and he had a flustered smile on his face. The memory ended and Keith moved to the next one. This time, Lance was smiling at the camera, or at someone and they must've said something because Lance's face went up in flames. He smiled at the person and ran away. It seemed sorta familiar, Keith knows it was when they were in Team Voltron and they just joined, so about 18 or 19. The next memory was a long one.

Lance was running in the halls of the castle and ran to Pidge's room. Pidge opened the door and Lance beamed at her, his face completely red. He was speaking to her frantically but Keith learned lip-reading, so he saw "Smiled at me., pretty, adorable, cute." Pidge looked totally done, her face showing annoyance. Pidge rolled her eyes,"Why is that so important?" Keith understood her lip-reading perfectly. Lance sighed and looked at the ground he said something about "Shiro, gone, blames." Keith's eyes widened. Pidge smiled sweetly at Lance and put a hand on his shoulder,"You're so caring Lance,..deserve you." Keith didn't quite catch the person's name. Lance smiled at her and pointed to Hunk's room and ran towards it as Pidge laughed. 

The next one had Lance standing in front of a mirror, his face really red. "I like you." Keith blushed. Lance sighed and shook his head. "I like you, K-" Keith saw the video pause and a few words pop up on the screen: Private. Keith smiled, Lance should have his privacy. He thought about the memory he had seen. It was recent, with Shiro missing when Lance mentioned gone. Keith knew Lance thought of Allura as pretty and cute. He thought Lance had a crush and Allura and he accepted that. Keith bit his lip. It's okay though, as long as he's happy.

Lance. Lance. Shit, Lance.

Keith whipped his head around. He lost him. Lance was nowhere to be found. Keith groaned and ran around,"Lance?! LANCE!" Keith looked around and sighed, though he was smiling contently. "LANCE, I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER KNOW!" Keith smiled warmly as he did something he always wanted to do. His smile turned down a bit as Lance didn't answer. For what seemed like hours, Keith finally found Lance. He was done looking at all his memories, he just needed to remember the future he wanted. He needed to remember what he wanted.

Keith watched the memory from behind him, not making any noises. Lance was watching it with a smile on his face. He was imagining himself, reading a book and petting a huge about 1200 pound lion, Blue. Keith chuckled and Vision Lance, looked up in surprise as it seemed someone was calling him. The look of confusion was replaced with a fond look of love...love. The person calling Vision Lance was about to step into view. Keith held his breath. He didn't know why his heart was pounding or how sweaty his hands were. Who did Lance want to be with. Right as someone was about to appear, a screen covered Keith's face. Private.

Keith sighed, guess he would never know. But he could still see Lance's face. His sun-kissed cheeks were red and his blue eyes widened immensely. He put his hands in his pockets and smiled fondly, with a wistful gleam in his eyes. He bit his lip as he remembered what he wanted most in the world. "Lance!" Lance turned to see him and his eyes widened again in panic. The word private disappeared and Keith could see Lance. "Lance..." Keith was so happy to see him. He could finally talk to him without worrying that Lance did in fact remember their moments together. The moments Keith held deep in his heart. Lance looked around frantically. And he ran.

Keith was very confused. Didn't Lance want to go back to everyone? It didn't matter, Keith's legs moved on their own, but Lance was faster. Damn him and his beautiful long legs. Keith speed up to Lance. "Lance! Wait!" Lance stopped at the core of his memories. He looked back nervously. "So now what, you saw that so what are you gonna do make fun of me?" Lance was holding his arm, biting his lip and avoiding any contact with Keith. His face was red. "Lance, I didn't see your vision, it blocked me. Even if I did, I wouldn't make fun of you." Lance gaped at him. "You didn't-I'm an idiot." Keith chuckled,"Yeah, you are. Ready to go home?" Lance nodded,"More than ever." Keith shyly held out his hand, and Lance smiled, grabbing it. Everything around them faded away.