Past/Childhood

Keith was already in the pod and Lance hopped into his. He turned to Keith, and he didn't notice his face was red."Hey Keith. Thank you for doing this for me." Keith nodded and sent him an encouraging smile, a rare sight to see and it made Lance's heart soar that he caused that. Why though? Lance didn't know, he forgot. Pidge's eye's weren't visible from the blue light emitting from the pods. She smirked,"Ready?" The boys nodded and with one push of the button, they were sound asleep. Lotor's eyes shone with wonder, excitement, and...greed. Allura sighed,"Alright, while Keith is saving Lance, Pidge I want you to do more research on the quintessance and tell us how they are doing. Shiro, Hunk, and Lotor will go to the galra base and get more to recover the lost quintessance. Lotor, this is the chance to prove yourself to the other paladins." Lotor winked at her,"Sure thing, 'Lura." The paladins winced as her nickname was called out by Lotor. Allura was trusting him too much, only her friends called her that.

Keith found himself in a the backyard of a house located on a beach. He could hear the waves against the sand and smell the sea salt on the shores. It reminded him of Lance. Keith watched the scene in front of him. 6 kids were running around with big smiles on their faces and laughter hung in the air. The littlest one was wearing a party hat and had the biggest grin of all. He was tall for his age and looked around 7 years old. He had golden skin and eyes possibly bluer than the ocean. Keith's heartstrings tugged in his chest. Lance. That sweet boy was Lance. The other kids looked exactly like him, his older siblings. A woman opened the door to the house. She called out something that Keith didn't understand, but assumed was Spanish. The children's eyes brightened brighter than they were before and ran inside. Their mother scolded them in Spanish as their father chuckled. Keith smiled warmly at the sight. That was something he never had, but he didn't envy Lance. He had something of his own that was special in his heart. Shiro and Adam were examples of that. Before Team Voltron, Adam and Shiro took care of him, still not a couple but just to help an orphan.

Keith walked into the house as the kids ran past him. Young Lance ran past him and time slowed down. Lance looked back at him and his eyes widened and Keith knew for a brief second that Lance saw him. He smiled warmly and the boy blushed and sat down at the seat at the end of the large table in the dining room. Lance looked around, looking for the strange man he saw a second ago. He looked confused when he didn't see him. He shrugged and kept on smiling that same smile Keith would fight a thousand galra members, just to keep him smiling like that. Lance smiled happily as his family sung in English and Spanish, Happy Birthday. Keith looked at a nearby calendar. July 28, 20XX.  Keith looked at the house and saw things that weren't very familiar to him. Toys, games, stuff Keith never had. He went outside and saw footprints in the sand. They were bigger than kid's shoes, but too small to be an adults like Mrs.McClain or Mr.McClain. Someone was here. Lance was here. Keith knew he had to let the real Lance go, or else he would only remember his childhood. He didn't know why he had to see Lance's vision of where he might be in the future. What he wanted. Guess that's it. Lance had to see what happened, what is happening and what he truly wants and doesn't. But what was that?

Keith turned back and saw the McClain finishing their song. Lance smiled and blew out his blue candles. With one blow, everything around Keith was blowing away. It faded and Keith along with it. Keith closed his eyes to cover them from the breeze in his face. When he opened his eyes he found himself somewhere familiar to him and Lance.