Chapter 2

( 𝐈𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐂 )

❝ ✧ *  𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞: 𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗮  * ✧ ❞

   WAS THIS A dream?

   Snapping Astoria out of her trance, Lucy splashed the salty, cold sea water on Astoria's jaw-dropped face as a joke, asking for her to get in and join them, but Astoria came to a halt, even more shocked than before, touching the water droplets still on her face. She'd never been able to feel anything like this in her dreams before, especially not the cold water on her face when Lucy splashed her. 

   She heaved a breath, glancing to the four siblings, wanting to ask where the hell they were, but Edmund spoke up before she got the chance. "Where do you suppose we are?"

   "Well, where do you think?" said Peter.

   "In the South Pole," Astoria laughed, "Okay but really, this is just a dream right?"

   "Well, I don't remember any ruins in Narnia," he said. 

   "Narnia who now?"

   "Narnia." Edmund repeated.

   "Are we on drugs?"

***

   The story of the Pevensie siblings' travels were brilliant. Terrifying in the sense that they could all be stone statues if they hadn't done what they did, but still, absolutely brilliant.

   Magic? Strange creatures? What a tall tale!

   It was terribly unbelievable, sure. But then again, it wasn't like Astoria couldn't not believe it. After all, she was in a train station not even a hour ago and now on a sandy beach, searching through ruins of a foreign place.

   Finding an apple and taking a bite, Lucy stared at the water as Peter walked up a few steps, looking around.

"Oh, I want one!" Astoria said, eyeing Lucy's apple.

"I wonder who lived here," Lucy pondered.

Susan noticed a golden chess knight piece on the ground, picking it up. "I think we did."

"Hey, that's mine... from my chess set," Edmund recognized.

"Which chess set?" asked Peter.