Chapter 10

( 𝐈𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐂 )

❝ ✧ *  𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞: 𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗮  * ✧ ❞

    EVERYONE STOOD AT the top peak of the mountain, where all of their guards kept watch. In the distance, the biggest army Astoria had ever laid eyes on was marching straight towards the How.

Thousands of men dressed in silver and blue uniforms emerged from the forest covering the bright green grass.

Astoria genuinely thought they were screwed, hearing the loud thumping of their feet from their marching as she felt the ground starting to shake. Large wooden weapons were pulled in by horses, and she felt her heart drop.

Hopefully their plan was going to be enough to outsmart them, because they were extremely outnumbered, and the Telmarine troops were only growing as more men flooded from the forest.

Everyone had an expression of worry on their face. They all knew that they were probably not going to make it, no matter how hard they tried.

And they all knew it.

***

The plan was to have Peter lead the army and try to hold off Miraz and his army for as long as possible until Lucy could find Aslan.

"Cakes and kettledrums. That's your next big plan?" Trumpkin asked, raising his voice. "Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest? Alone!"

It's our only chance," Peter reasoned.

"She won't be alone," Astoria said. "I'm going with her."

Trumpkin scowled. "That's as good as sending her alone—" But he didn't have time to finish, because with lightening fast hand movements, Astoria flung one of her daggers, and it zoomed right past his head, brushing his cheek slightly, and it landed straight into a tree.

He froze, looking stunned.

"Don't ever underestimate my fighting capabilities again. I didn't go to the Telmarine palace because I had to stay back and finish the job in case you lot failed. Not because I'm weak. Do you understand?"

Trumpkin faltered and gulped, looking to Lucy fearfully. "Haven't enough of us died already?

"Nikabrik was my friend too. But he lost hope," Trufflehunter said. "Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I."