Chapter 9

( 𝐈𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐂 )

❝ ✧ *  𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞: 𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗮  * ✧ ❞

❝ ✧ * 𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞: 𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗮 * ✧ ❞

FLEEING FROM THE scene immediately, Astoria took a few moments to herself.

She had just encountered the evil white witch, herself.

The White Witch.

The evil, cold hearted witch that cursed her friends for life. The person that brought all the misfortune upon her friends. She never hated anyone more than the White Witch—the evil woman constantly attacked her friends and manipulating them into horrifying situations.

It absolutely disgusted Astoria. She was also absolutely bewildered from the what had just happened. She decided to clear her head and made her way to the balcony of the fortress.

Slowly making her way up the stone steps, she found Caspian and a stranger there as well. Astoria faced the boy that made her heart feel funny every time he stood near. She looked at him to find him already staring into her eyes, and the two blushed profusely as they looked away abruptly.

Astoria Fauxwood had grown to take a huge liking the Caspian over the time they had spent together. His long jet-black hair, his chiseled jawline, his laugh, his foreign accent, and well... everything about him sent butterflies zooming about Astoria's stomach.

When the two talked, it was as if the world stopped spinning on it axis, and everything and everyone focused on the two star-struck teenagers.

As she reached the top Astoria sent a sweet smile towards the elderly man. "Professor, this is Astoria Fauxwood, and this is Doctor Cornelius, Astoria."

"So this is the girl you have been telling me all about, Caspian. She is so much prettier than you described her!" The doctor smiled dreamily.

The Doctor's compliments caused both Caspian and Astoria to flush a deep shade of crimson, as both were quite embarrassed to the comment.

"T-thank you, sir," Astoria stuttered, attempting to rid of the flush from her cheeks whilst ignoring the extremely rapid beating of her heart.

Caspian had been talking about her? What had he said? Why would he ever want to talk about Astoria in the first place?

She then was reminded that she wanted to apologize to Caspian for her rude attitude towards him earlier. "I'm terribly sorry for interrupting you both, but is it alright if I speak to Caspian alone for a quick moment?"

"Of course," Doctor Cornelius replied with a smile. "I shall see you both later." And with that the older man left the two young teenagers alone.

"Please, take a seat beside me," Caspian said, gesturing Astoria towards the empty space beside him.

Astoria nodded and took the seat next to the still-flushed boy.

"Caspian—"

"Astoria—"

The two blurted out each other's names at the same time. "Erm, you go first, Caspian." Astoria said, softly.

"I wanted to say that I'm truly, truly sorry for my actions. It was completely unfair of me to attack you with such cruel words. I truly hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, Astoria." He blurted out.

"It's alright, Caspian. I forgive you. I still wish that I could've fought with you guys, but Peter is quite the stubborn person." She said. "And I'm sorry too. I know you were extremely upset from the battle, and I shouldn't have called you a child. It was quite rude of me, and I apologize for my insincerity. I apologized to Peter earlier as well."

"I forgive you." He smiled, lightly.

Astoria then leaned her head into the crook of Caspian's shoulder, and the two sat there in a comfortable silence, staring out into the horizon.

Caspian tried to ignore the extremely loud thumping in his heart, but couldn't help it. He was completely infatuated with the young girl.

   They had just met, sure. But the light flutters in his heart and the soft heat he felt arising in his cheeks whenever he looked at the girl was something that Caspian could just not ignore.

The girl that stumbled upon the land of Narnia from a distant land beyond Narnia. Despite the two's differences, he couldn't help his nervousness around the girl. She had truly wormed her way into his heart. He enjoyed his company with Astoria Fauxwood. Caspian couldn't even deny anymore that he absolutely smitten with the serene dark-haired, goddess-like girl sitting beside him.

And that was a fact.

But part of him knew that he could never have her, seeing as that she would have to leave Narnia and go back to England ( wherever that was ).

   A large pit grew in his stomach at the thought.

   He had just met this girl, but he realized that he couldn't live without her snarky remarks, her sarcasm, and her loveable demeanor.

Astoria was the person that Caspian could see clearly and brightly, like the bright stars that danced in the sky at night, but couldn't be reached.