Chapter 14

( 𝐈𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐂 )

❝ ✧ *  𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞: 𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗮  * ✧ ❞

   "CASPIAN asked for you two to meet him in his quarters." Astoria said, as she pulled out fresh clothes for the two siblings from a trunk. The two nodded.

   "Thank you." said Edmund.

   "No problem. I'll join you guys later. I will be outside on deck with the crew." Astoria smiled as she left the two to change.

   The two siblings changed and walked over to where Caspian stood just outside of his quarters and followed him inside.

   Lucy and Edmund had looks of awe as they glanced around the room. Lucy smiled at the plaque of Asian that was strung up on the wall. "Are those Susan's bow and arrows?" asked she.

   "Lucy," Caspian called, pulling out the youngest girl's items from one of the shelves. She rushed over with a grin.

   "My healing cordial and dagger. Oh," she paused before going to grab them. "May I?" 

   "Of course." said Caspian. "They're yours." 

   "Peter's sword," Edmund mumbled, and Caspian walked over to him as Lucy fumbled around with her belongings. 

   "I looked after it as promised. Here, hold it if you wish." 

   "No, no," Edmund shook his head. "It's yours. Peter gave it to you." 

   Caspian's eyes glimmered slightly and he turned around to open a cabinet.

   "I did save this for you though." Caspian tossed Edmund his old flashlight from their last trip, flipping it in his hands, and shining it in his face. He blinked, switching it off, wondering how the battery had lasted this long.

   "Thanks. So, how are things going around here?" 

   The king rolled out a map, laying it before the three of them. "Since you left us, the Giants of the North have surrendered unconditionally. And we defeated the Calormen armies at the Great Desert. There's pease across all Narnia."

   "Peace?" Edmund asked in disbelief.

   "In just three years," Caspian nodded.

   "And has Ria become your queen in those three years?" Lucy asked with a smug grin, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

   "Er-uhm-well-"Caspian avoided Lucy's gaze when she raised her eyebrows. He glanced towards the door, checking to see if the girl whom he loved so terribly much was going to barge in. "Marriage isn't something we often talk about. I actually have the ring with me as of now. It's in my pocket, you see.

   "I am hoping to propose soon. I've been trying to get a chance during the voyage but can't find the right time. When the topic of marriage does come up, the conversation quickly shuts down. I'm not even sure if she wants to get married. I know-or at least hope-we will one day.

   "I truly love her a lot. She is everything I could have ever hoped for in someone. Hopefully the day I can put this ring on her finger comes soon."

   "Well, we only come back to Narnia when there's trouble, so you better propose soon, before something bad happens." Lucy suggested to which Caspian nodded.

   Astoria then came in opening the door, ever so slightly. "Hey. Mind if I join you?"

   Lucy waved her hand over, ushering her friend into the room.

   "Hang on," Edmund said. "So if there are no wars to fight, and no one's in trouble, then why are we here? I know Lucy said that we usually only come when there's trouble, but there really seems to be none."

   "That's a good question. I've been asking myself the same thing." Caspian said, furrowing his brows.

   "Maybe you guys came back for a solid farewell?" Astoria suggested.

   "I don't think so," Lucy replied.

   Edmund furrowed his brows. "So where are we sailing to?" 

   "Before I took back the throne from my uncle," the king began. "He tried to kill my father's closest friends and most loyal supporters. The Seven Lords of Telmar. They fled to the Lone Islands. No one has heard from them since." 

   "So you think somethings happened to them?" Edmund asked. 

   "Well if it has, it's our duty to find out." 

   "Well, what's east of the Lone Islands?" Lucy questioned, still analyzing at the map cautiously. 

   "Uncharted waters," Astoria answered.

   "Things you can barely imagine," Drinian, the captain of the Dawn Treader spoke up, stepping into the room. "Tales of sea serpents and worse." 

   Edmund shared a look with his sister while Astoria refrained from sighing. "Sea serpents?" 

   "How are you still surprised after everything you've been through?" Astoria asked.

   "All right, Captain," Caspian interrupted, biting into an apple. "That's enough of your tall tales. Let's go back to the main deck, I have something I want to do."

   "What is it?" Astoria asked.

   "Well, it seems to be that Edmund and I, here, have not dueled in a very long time." Caspian replied with a smirk.

   "Here we go again..."