Chapter 13

( 𝐈𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐂 )

❝ ✧ *  𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞: 𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗮  * ✧ ❞

❝ ✧ * 𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞: 𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗮 * ✧ ❞

   IT was a fine day to be outside on the deck of the Dawn Treader. The waves of the deep blue ocean waters flowed calmly beneath the ship. It was warm, yet still windy outside.

Leaning against the railing, peering outside of the ship into the water, stood Astoria. She had come along with Caspian and the crew of the Dawn Treader. Ever since the Pevensie's siblings had departed from Narnia, leaving her behind, she had a sudden thirst for adventure. The thrill of the battle when they were last in Narnia was something that she now craved constantly. As soon as she heard of Caspian's new mission to venture to great seas to find the missing Lords, Astoria knew she had to join them, not only to accompany her loved one, yet also to fuel her need of action.

Astoria watched as the water loudly splashed along the side of the boat, when suddenly she saw something in the water. Out of curiosity, she peered over the side of the boat. She gasped at the sight of three figures flailing around in the water in attempt to stay afloat. And she was even more surprised when she caught a glimpse of one of their faces.

Was that Lucy?!

   "Caspian!" Astoria shouted, whirling around on her heel to make eye contact with him. "Come quick! It's important!" 

   "Darling, if you are going to show me those ugly mer-men again, I told you to look away from their abs, seeing as they're not as good looking as me-" 

   "No," she hastily cut him off. "You git! Look! I think it's-" 

   "Is that-" 

   "I think so," she answered, and Caspian without warning, grabbed some rope and dove into the waters, several other members of the crew following in suit.

   "Also I know that you are very good looking, Love, but they're pretty fit too!"

***

   It didn't take long before Lucy, Edmund and another child, who was screaming terribly loudly, boarded the giant ship. 

   Almost immediately, Lucy spotted Astoria and bolted over to her, probably breaking the world record in the tightest embrace known to man, which Astoria gratefully returned. "Oh my, I'm so sorry," Lucy backed away with a guilty smile. "I've gotten you all wet."