Chapter 12

( 𝐈𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐂 )

❝ ✧ *  𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞: 𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗮  * ✧ ❞

❝ ✧ * 𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞: 𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗮 * ✧ ❞

ASTORIA managed to make her way back towards to city where the the townspeople had grouped together and were all cheering loudly.

"Tori!" A voice shouted, and she looked over to see Peter holding the reins of an extra horse. "Hurry! You surely don't want to miss out on being in the new King's entourage, do you?"

King. Caspian was to be crowned as king?

Astoria hopped on the back of the horse sitting behind Peter. She could barely see Caspian's head through the large crowd, the only thing that she could see being the large golden crown atop his long raven hair. The crowd continued to cheer as they made their way into the castle, and Astoria grinned at them all.

***

The festivities were truly wonderful. The fireworks going off all night and the party itself was splendid.

Astoria eventually managed to worm her way through the crowd to Caspian, wishing to congratulate him on his new title.

"If you are going to be ordering me to feed you grapes or whatever, I think I'd rather fight Miraz again," Astoria laughed heartily as she approached Caspian. "Congratulations. You would make a wonderful king."

"Well, you're going to be going to wherever you are from, so no need to worry about that," Caspian said sadly.

"Erm—that's the thing, Caspian. I'm... I'm staying."

"What? What about your home?"

"London is lovely, yes. But, Aslan told me that my Narnian blood only permits me to go to Earth once. And well, my one chance is over now that I left. But Narnia was the home of my birth parents. It truly is wonderous here you know. Being here in Narnia makes me feel happy, I suppose."

"So... so you're staying?"

"Yeah, I suppose so." She smiled lightly at him.

Caspian tried to brave it, stepping forward to Astoria, leaning in to kiss her when someone interrupted them.

"Ria!" A voice called out from behind her. It was Lucy who was beckoning Astoria to dance with her.