Chapter 3

( 𝐈𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐂 )

❝ ✧ *  𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞: 𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗮  * ✧ ❞

❝ ✧ * 𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞: 𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗮 * ✧ ❞

THE FIVE WERE loitering around outside, and Astoria was turning her new dagger around in her hand.

   "Maybe practice with some fighting," Peter advised, coming up behind her. Startled, she flipped him around with his back landing on the floor with a large thud.

   "I'm so terribly sorry, Peter!" Astoria apologized as she gave him her hand to help him back up.

   "I'm alright," he grimaced. "How'd you learn to do that anyway?"

   "I dunno. Now that I think about it, I've never done hand-to-hand combat before."

    "It isn't wise to walk around here not knowing how to fight, but I guess you're covered." Pater laughed. He paused. "Maybe try throwing that dagger you got there, Tori."

   "Sure," Astoria nodded, twirling her dagger in her hands. "Just going to go attack a tree! Be right back!" 

  "I'll come with you, Ri," Susan said holding the bow in her hands. "It's been over a year since I've had any practice with this. I need to get a feel of it again." Susan said clutching her bow. The pair walked back outside, making their way over to where the trees were now surrounding them. "You go first. You've never experienced anything like this before."

   Astoria nodded and pulled out the dagger that was fastened in her belt. She aimed it at the tree, her hands shaking a bit as she stared directly at the bark on the trunk. She threw the dagger at the tree with as much force as she could. "Woah—" she breathed out when the dagger flew straight into the tree.

   "You're a natural!" exclaimed Susan, grinning at her friend.

   "Fluke shot," Astoria replied still shocked as ever. She honestly couldn't believe that she had thrown a knife correctly, let alone in the exact area she was targeting.

  "She can fight too. She literally just flipped me over. It is quite extraordinary, considering she has never done anything of the sort before." Peter said. "How about you give it another go?"

   ( She felt like one of those badass agents of spies in a secret organization. )

Continuing on with stabbing trees, she noticed a boat floating about in the water in the distance with three figures rustling about in it. She stood up from the broken stone that she sat on. "Who is that?" Astoria asked, gaining the attention of the others.