1

No, Time, thou shalt not boast that I do change:
Thy pyramids built up with newer might
To me are nothing novel, nothing strange;
They are but dressings of a former sight.
Our dates are brief, and therefore we admire
What thou dost foist upon us that is old,
And rather make them born to our desire
Than think that we before have heard them told.
Thy registers and thee I both defy,
Not wondering at the present nor the past;
For thy records and what we see doth lie,
Made more or less by that continual haste.
This I do vow, and this shall ever be:
I will be true, despite thy scythe and thee.

My dream was filled by visuals and emotions. I usually have dreams that are quite bland, but this was vivid. The faint smell of grass filled my nose as i took a deep breath. I was at peace. It was nice having a short break. My body relaxed as i gave into the cool grass, sinking deeper and deeper until I simply fell. suddenly i felt the world below me give. I was falling. this was how most of my dreams came to and end. soon i felt myself spiraling before finally becoming aware of myself. I grasped the soft comforter on top of me and slowly opened my eyes. 

yawning, i sat up on my bed and looked around. what was once my childhood room, was now decaying with large cardboard boxes piling in every corner, blocking most of my window which was my only source of light. I felt a draft chill across my body and I shuttered, wrapping myself in a beige cardigan. This was my last day here. In Colorado, my last day in the United States. My back ached as i slowly climbed out of my bed. this was it. I turned around to see Jack resting quietly on the right side of the bed. I took that moment to escape to the kitchen. 

gazing across the kitchen, I took a brief moment to reminisce. my whole childhood was built in this kitchen. I remember when my grandmother was living with us, every night we would bake a new desert for the family. i turned to my right, walking into the small wood floored living room and walked over to the quilted rocking chair. this is wear my grandmother taught me how to knit. 

we would always sit in front of the old box TV watching old blonde ladies make quilts and teach us DIY sewing ideas.  I was awful at it, but she wouldn't let me stop until i had finished what i started. she was a firm lady in her prime, but ever since she got diagnosed with dementia she's softened up. Which is why I'm so excited to move in with her. I'm the only family member she remembers every time she sees me. even when she moved to england and I couldn't see her for about a year, she still remembered me when i visited. that must have been at least 2 years ago though.

I was dozing off deep in memories when the floorboards creaked behind me. I tensed myself up before turning around to meet Jack eye to eye.