5

As an unperfect actor on the stage
Who with his fear is put besides his part,
Or some fierce thing replete with too much rage,
Whose strength's abundance weakens his own heart;
So I, for fear of trust, forget to say
The perfect ceremony of love's rite,
And in mine own love's strength seem to decay,
O'ercharged with burden of mine own love's might.
O, let my books be then the eloquence
And dumb presagers of my speaking breast,
Who plead for love and look for recompense
More than that tongue that more hath more expressed.
O, learn to read what silent love hath writ;
To hear with eyes belongs to love's fine wit.

~~~~~~~~

job interviews were always stressful, so today i'm very thankful that i booked a workspace online. I even got my own entire office! 

jack rented a car, but since he hasn't found a job yet i'm the only one driving it, so when i woke up for work, jack was still in bed. i left him a quick post-it note on the mirror of the guest bedroom and left for downtown brighton. 

the drive was a bit longer than i remembered, but when you're a kid and have a wide imagination long drives don't tend to phase you much. once i entered downtown brighton i  slam on my breaks. today must be a holiday, i thought to myself. the streets were packed with jay-walkers, normal pedestrians, bikers, and everything you can possibly imagine flooding the streets of downtown. fuck, now, finding parking just became 10 times harder

after about 25 minutes of driving about trying to find empty lots, there it was. one single parking space. I had to floor it in order to get there in time, and thank god for that because once i got out of my car i saw that there was a line of 6 cars behind me, all looking as dazed as i was. one even flipped me off. 

I really thought parking was difficult. but now, i realize, parking is nothing compared to the streets. pushing past people, getting tripped, having food dripped onto you or smudged on you from pedestrians shoving past you, i was suffocating. 

after what felt like 20 minutes, the crowd of people spit me out right in front of my workspace. I grinned and checked my emails so i could find the key code for the door, and once i managed to get inside, the world silenced. the outside was so loud, people talking on phones, yelling in groups, but in this hallway all you could hear was the sound of a fan and your footsteps whenever you took a step.

i wanted to test out a theory, so i pulled out a sewing needle from my pocket, and dropped it on the hard concrete floor. sure enough, it pinged about 4 times. I laughed and went to pick it up, but it was difficult seeing the pin. I looked around but it was nowhere to be found. it almost disguised right into the floor. I sighed, and made my way up the loud, empty, concrete stairs.

once i reached the 2nd floor, i reached a tan hallway which was slightly better decorated. emerging from the stairwell, my footsteps softened due to the soft school like carpet. it smelled of cleaner and paint. it was calming. 

I was told that my door had a window and a name plate right above the window, so i slowly walked down the hallway. my heart was racing. what if i accidentally look in the wrong window or open the wrong door and someone sees me? 

my thoughts were racing quicker than my heart, though i could hear my heartbeat in my ears. I approached each office and looked at each name plate. none of them said lavender. nearing the end of the hall i approached a clean door, it must have been mine, all these other doors have stickers and papers on them but this one is blank

i finally reached the door and saw that there was no name plate. i looked around the door moving my head when from the corner of my eye i saw a little figure through the window. I adjusted my eyes to meet another set of eyes. I must have made too much movement outside the door, because now i was looking into the eyes of a young man who was wearing a beige crewneck and when he moved his brown hair from his eyes i saw that he also was wearing small, round, glasses.