18

Those lines that I before have writ do lie,
Even those that said I could not love you dearer:
Yet then my judgment knew no reason why
My most full flame should afterwards burn clearer.
But reckoning Time, whose million'd accidents
Creep in 'twixt vows, and change decrees of kings,
Tan sacred beauty, blunt the sharp'st intents,
Divert strong minds to the course of altering things;
Alas! why, fearing of Time's tyranny,
Might I not then say, 'Now I love you best,'
When I was certain o'er incertainty,
Crowning the present, doubting of the rest?
Love is a babe, then might I not say so,
To give full growth to that which still doth grow

~~~~~~~~~~

same night

after awhile, i decided it was time for me to get up. i lightly picked my head up off of wil's chest, and opened my phone to the lockscreen.

-------------

23 new texts messages from: jack

4 missed calls from: jack

-------------

fuck i whispered to myself, as i turned to wil i saw that his mouth hung slightly ajar, and his eyes lay shut. the site of him sleeping warmed my heart. he looked so.. peaceful. i almost didn't want to wake him. but i couldn't leave him there. in fact, if i left him there, by morning he'd have drowned. 

unsure of how to wake him, i put my hand on his cheek and rubbed my thumb against his soft skin. he must be a light sleeper, because soon a small smile spread across his face moments before opening his eyes and looking up at me. he got up, stretched his arms, and yawned, adjusting hair and rubbing his eyes.

"fuck, what time is it?" he asked coming to realization that we were on a beach after dusk. 

"8:15" i said chuckling then, raisin my eyebrows, rolling my eyes. 

"yeah jack isn't going to be too happy about this one" i said again.

"just say you were having a cup of tea at the bakery with jasper and a couple of her friends after hours, make sure to specify that jasper is indeed a girl." wil said. he seemed to have thought this through. 

"good idea"

getting up, we slowly made our way back up to the street. there were less people out than earlier today, but the nightlife was still beautiful. most of the shops that were open had beautiful string lights illuminating the side walk, and at one of the upcoming corners there was a french quartet. walking past them i threw 8 pounds into the small violin case and the violinist smiled at me graciously. 

wil and i were parked 3 cars down from each other, and when we reached his car we stopped to say our goodbyes.

"i had a lot of fun tonight wil" i said while taking off his sweater (i couldn't forget that) 

"so did I, lav" he replied smiling as his eyes lit up. he was glowing under the patio light of a shop. 

i waved him goodbye, but about 2 yards away i heard his voice again

"wait- lavender?" he said as i turned around 

"yea wil?" 

he started walking towards me, and without hesitation he placed his hand on my cheek, leaned down, and planted his soft lips onto mine. 

i felt as if i were walking on a cloud, all time stopped. i placed my hand on his chest, pushing my lips deeper into his as our mouths parted. butterflies filled my stomach. he tasted like cherry and cinnamon. i couldn't get enough. 

our kiss lasted forever, neither of us wanting to let go. his right hand was now on my lower back pulling me into him, and his left hand still lay on my cheek. my hand was now on his waist, and around the back of his neck. i knew in this moment i had never felt happier. euphoria.